18. Sarete dormire con i pesci

Sophia's POV

I had gone back to Montreal to see about my family and Nicole decided to come with me for moral support. She knew about what was going on and I needed someone in my corner.

We were at my father's house sitting outside on the porch swing. I had my shades on and Nicole was drinking tea.

"So Amy told me that you were going to keep the baby."

"Correction: babies."

"Oh my goodness. Twins?"

"Yes my love."

"Your father knows who the father is?"

"No. He doesn't need to worry about me he has enough weight on his shoulders already. The society is coming down hard on him and these fucking pigs are watching his house trying to pin those murders on him. Police disgust me."

"Oh Sophia..."

"You know it's true Nik. I have to check on the palace before I take care of some business for my family. Can you help me?"

"Depends on what it is?"

"I just need you to drive me and my brother Vito around. You know that we're the muscle in this family."

"What are you two going to do?"

"We're going to knock some sense into some people who've seemed to have forgotten what the name Galliano means."

"As long as I don't have to do anything illegal, I'll help. Venice would have my ass."

"Venice will be fine and he never will know."

"Ciao bellas." My brother's voice chimed in.

I stood up to hug him.

"Ciao Vito, Nikki is going to drive us to Paulie's house and then Manny's that's it right?"

"That's it sis. You sure you should be pulling all these jobs when you got a bun in the oven."

"Work is work Vito. Now get the gats and we'll meet you in the car."v

Nicole and I walked out of the house and got into the car. On the way outside we saw my other brothers and my father.

"Ciao papa." I said hugging him and kissing his bald head.

"Mi bella, how are you how is everything, ok?"

"With me or with them?" I said patting my stomach.

"Them?"

"I went to the doctor and I'm having twins. I saw two heads."

"Well let's hope that the kid's not sick or nothing." Leslie said. My father nudged him.

"My babies are fine, everything is coming along great papa. Me and Vito are going to cut a few corners this morning."

"Aww that's my girl. I'm so proud of my beautiful daughter. Hey take it easy, okay?"

"Okay. I'll see you all tonight at dinner."

I hugged my dad and he started to talk to Vito. He muttered something in Italian thinking that I wouldn't hear it but I heard him say ... "watch out for her."

It annoyed me that they were all so worried about me. I'd be fine and able to take care of myself.

I gave my father a look. "Papa, we'll be late if you keep talking Vito's ear off."

"Y-you're right."

"When am I not? Come on Vito."

We hurried to the car and Vito picked up a large duffle bag. Nicole got in the front. I gave her the address and we started to drive away.