Epilogue

Epilogue

Many, Many Years Later

Adagio

Since the time of Christ's crucifixion, the faithful had looked to his second coming. Throughout each generation, for many, the longing for His return never waned, but grew stronger with the passing of time. As much as man tried to imagine that day, no words even came close to describing the awaited event that took place so many years ago. That day had come and is now part of the history of this world. And Adagio and his family had witnessed it all.

The sound of the joyful voices of his family draws Adagio's thoughts to the present and he lets his eyes travel over his many loved ones, feeling that exquisite joy deep inside him. At the squeeze of Evangeline's hand, he turns to her and smiles, bringing it to his lips. They are sitting on the veranda of their Italian villa. In no way does it resemble his old family home, but it is home to them. They are surrounded in celestial splendor that defies description. Everything is more vivid–the colors, the sounds, the fresh earthy smell.

On either side of Adagio and Evangeline sit his parents and grandparents. Out on the lawn visiting are Evangeline's mother, Katherine, her father, Greg and his wife. Althea, Evangeline's biological mother is also present. She is sitting on a bench visiting with Jessica, the woman Adagio's grandparents inherited the house in Salt Lake from, and her nephew, Ingo. Ingo and Althea are holding hands, having found happiness in each other. Jessica is also married, having found love after being alone during her mortal life. Adagio watches her turn to her husband as he approaches them and it warms his heart.

Adagio's siblings, uncles, aunt, cousins, and other relatives, including many of his ancestors, are here as well.

But moving before them all is the Savior.

As He approaches, Adagio and Evangeline stand, taking His offered hands, basking in the radiance of His smile.

"The Father needs you," the Savior tells them. "There is some final work to be done."

"Yes, Master," Adagio says reverently.

The Savior smiles and turns to leave, stopping to visit with the family along the way. Adagio again smiles at his wife.

No, his imagination could never have done these days justice.

Words will never be good enough.