~Prologue~

~Prologue~

Vampires do exist. I know this, I've known this. I'll never forget their existence, even if
I'm old and know nothing else but when to take my next pill or when my diaper needs changing. They exist. They walk, they talk, they think, they shop, they kill, they destroy, they drive, and they even sometimes love. More importantly, I hate them. I’ve spent nine years of my life living in a tortured paranoid mess because of them. Well, to be more specific, because of one of them.

I was ten, it was dark, and I was sitting on the front steps with an ice cream cone while my mom had a screaming fit with her boyfriend she had at the time. I remember every detail of that night, ever gust of wind that blew, even the color the trees looked in the faint glow of the moon. I was watching the cars go by faster than they should while I swatted away mosquitoes and licked away the chocolate ice cream from my fingers. I remember seeing my neighbor, Victoria, who was just getting home from her part time job at the movie theater. Her long golden hair was tied back while her bangs tuck to her forehead because of the humidity. I had always liked Victoria for her beauty and her generosity after she had given me her old toys. She had walked up the hilly sidewalk with her hand in her back, most likely searching for her keys.

I should have screamed or maybe ran for help when I saw him. He was tall with broad shoulders and a shaved head. I even remember the black tank top and dirty black jeans he wore as he approached her much like a cat would a mouse. His dark eyes were focused only on her, not even noticing the little girl on the steps with a melting ice cream cone in her hand. The way he moved was unnatural, almost too fast for a normal man. Victoria never even heard him behind her. I remember the way fear had paralyzed me as he placed his large hand over her mouth and bent down to where his lips touched her neck. If I had seen this from another angle, I would have thought he was kissing her. But, at the angle I was sitting, I had noticed his jaw move and his mouth clamping on her neck. The color of red which dripped down her shoulder and onto her yellow work uniform was something I would never erase from my mind.

So here was this little ten year old girl—already screwed up thanks to her screwed up mother—witnessing a murder. I remember dropping the cone in my hand and watching as the man’s head snapped in my direction, the feeling of cold that had consumed me when I looked into his dark eyes had been with me since that night. I had run to the door and threw myself in just as he reached the steps. At the time, I was baffled that he didn’t come in and grab me. He stood on the steps, just outside of the door. No one found Victoria, and she became that teenager who everyone thought had become a runaway. I learned that night, after telling my mom, that no one would believe the child with a drug addict mother.

So yes, I know about vampires. But you know what is so much worse than them? Life.

 .................................................................................................................................

Hello people of Wattpad!

This story I decided to write after having a random scene go through my head that I thought "Wow, that would be a fantastic story." After some serious thought I realized that this story idea would go perfectly with The Possessive Creator. =) 

If you haven't read The Possessive Creator and My Possessive Creator, don't worry, you won't be lost. BUT if you've read the series you will understand inside jokes, behind the scenes, and some characters which will be in this book. I still plan to write on My Possessive Creator, I've just been focusing on this story in order to fill in gaps =) Have questions? Shoot me a message!

*This story is rated R for sexual content, language, drug/alcohol references, and gore/violence* 

Comment/Vote/Fan/Add to reading list! 

-Kissmeyoufool-