Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

"Are you okay?" Dia asked frantically as she led Vidhi to Ananya's car. "Did he do anything to you? Did he force you to go up there with him? I swear Vidhi, if he so much as looked at you in the wrong way, I'm going to make sure he gets hell."

Vidhi was too dazed to reply. What happened on the terrace was something she hadn't expected, or anticipated. She was stunned-both at the fact that he'd kissed her, and she'd enjoyed it. As Dia kept hounding her with questions, she tried to concentrate on her friend's words, and what answers she gave her. But no words came out of her mouth. Dia stopped and took a good look at her friend.

"Hey," she said, and Vidhi looked at her. "You're freaking me out," she admitted.

"I'm fine," Vidhi said slowly, and nodded. "Yes. I'm fine. He didn't force me, and I was the one who agreed to go with him to the terrace." Dia looked shocked to know that, and Vidhi put up her palms. "I know, I know, I was stupid. I shouldn't have gone with him. I know. Well, see what happened."

"That bastard," Dia said, and seemed to get even angrier.

"Look, let's just go back, okay? I've had enough of this party... where are the others?"

"Already waiting in the car. We couldn't find you, so I came looking for you."

"Thanks. You landed a mean punch," Vidhi remarked, and Dia glowered with rage.

"He deserved worse," she said, and Vidhi couldn't help smiling at her friend. They put their arms around each other and walked to Ananya's car-a black Mercedes parked in the parking space of the house. Ananya was already behind the wheel, saying something to Geet when they both got in.

"What took you so long?" Ananya asked with unmasked curiosity, and Dia glowered again.

"Your lover boy laid a big one on Vidhi on the terrace, and I punched him in the face."

"What?" Geet and Ananya said simultaneously and turned behind to look at them.

"He did what?" Geet repeated, and Ananya just looked stunned. "Oh, boy. Congratulations on your first one, Khurrana," she grinned.

Vidhi scowled, feeling unnaturally angry. "Stop it. Just the get the car going, will you?"

Ananya followed her advice, but throughout the way, curious glances kept coming her way from the driver's seat. Geet just looked plain startled, and Dia emitted radiations of anger all the time. Even though she could realize what was going on, Vidhi was still stunned and dazed. She remembered the talk with him on the terrace, and later the almost fight she had with him, and her blood boiled. Up until the very moment he kissed her, all she'd been thinking was to strangle him. But the moment he touched her... she closed her eyes and felt embarrassment fill her. How could she let him do that? She could have pushed him away. She could have yelled. She could have dug her heel into his foot.

Well, she didn't. She was having a damn good time feeling him kiss her, until reality had kicked in. She didn't even know him! All her instincts had warned her not to get involved with him in any way. And what had she done? Allowed him to take advantage of her situation, and surrendered willingly to his sex appeal. She felt sick.

At the same time, she could also sense the silent questions forming in her friends' minds, and she wondered how she was ever going to answer them. For most of the time that they'd been at the party, Abhay had flirted with Ananya. And then suddenly, things took a complete one-eighty, and she ended up on the terrace being his catch. What else could she expect from a guy like Abhay? He had dangerous written all over him. Yet she'd made the mistake of believing him and trusting him. But then there had been something in his expression while they'd talked on the terrace... what if she'd misjudged him?