Chapter Fourteen:

December 25th, 1963-Christmas

Palm Beach, Florida---8:30 A.M.

~*~*~*~*~

"Mommy, Daddy!" Caroline shouted excitedly as she and John burst into their parents' bedroom.

"MUMMY!" John screamed.

Jack immediately blinked open his eyes and as he pushed himself up into a sitting position, he was greeted by Caroline carefully pouncing into his lap.

"Hey, Buttons," Jack laughed as he hugged her. "Merry Christmas."

"MUMMY!" John screamed again as he jumped onto his mother's back from where she laid on her stomach with her face buried into the pillow.

"John," Jackie chuckled, her voice muffled from the pillow, before moving her head to look over her shoulder at her son.

"Good morning!" John responded excitedly, kissing her cheek through her messy bed hair that was sprawled across her face and hanging in her eyes.

"Good morning to you too," Jackie smiled as she rolled onto her back to hold John on her stomach. "Do you know what today is?"

John shook his head with a huge grin before shouting, "Christmas!"

Jackie smiled and patted down a tuff of her son's hair as she said, "That's right."

"When can we see what Santa got us?" Caroline asked as she played with her father's hair, parting it in different directions.

"After church," Jack told her before placing a kiss on her forehead and moving to set her back on the floor. "Now go find Mrs. Shaw and get ready for church."

"Okay!" Caroline smiled before racing out of the room.

"You too, John," Jack told his son, poking him in the side.

"Mummy, do I need to get ready now?" John pouted as he held onto her hands.

"Yes, darling, you do," Jackie told him gently as she kissed his cheek and helped him off the bed.