Chapter Thirty-Three:

May 31st, 1964:

"How much did you let on?" Jack asked Bobby as they sat in the Oval.

It was nearing the end of the day and Jack was leaning back in his chair, to ease his back, while Bobby sat in a chair in front of him, resting his elbows on Jack's desk as they spoke.

"I didn't mention anything regarding the incident in Wisconsin, including the fact that Oswald is the said leader of that Pro-Castro regime. I was actually expecting Hosty to bring it up but he did not." Bobby shook his head as he pulled away from the desk and his voice grew sharper, "Does he think we're stupid or something? That he knows more than we know?"

"Maybe he does," Jack answered as he continued to lean back, gently rocking.

Bobby shook his head, "I can't help but feel Hosty is deliberately covering for someone or maybe he's being left in the dark just like the rest of us. Who knows...who knows anything!?"

"What is he going to do with Oswald now that you revealed to him that we know of the planned assassination?" Jack asked after a moment, a ripple of tension coursing through his veins at that word: assassination.

"Find him and put him on lock down, I assume," Bobby replied before scoffing, "But those sons of bitches don't even know where Oswald is anymore."

"They're looking for him though..." Jack returned as he stopped rocking and leaned forward to rest his arms on his desk.

"Yeah, yeah," Bobby answered with a wave of his hand as he sat back in his chair with a huff. "I just wish they wouldn't keep dancing around us like we're some sort of enemy. We're all in this together for Christ's sake!"

A soft rapping on the door caused the two to end the discussion and turn toward it. "Yes?" Jack called out.

Mrs. Lincoln opened the door and peeked in informing, "Mr. Johnson wishes to speak with you."

Jack and Bobby exchanged glances before Jack replied, "Very well...uh, send him in."

Mrs. Lincoln nodded with a smile then ducked out, allowing Lyndon to enter a few seconds later.

"Evening, Lyndon," Jack addressed before indicating to the chair near Bobby, "Won't you sit down?"

"Yes, thank-you, Mr. President," Lyndon returned, pulling up the chair.