Step Three: Things to Work on, and Things to Work With

Now that you have your list (again, hopefully you actually made one), it's time to look at some things and decide how to work on them, or how to work with them.

For example, let's start with a negative.

"I have a short temper."

Maybe you wrote something like that. Okay, so let's say you have anger problems. Now start thinking of ways you can control your anger. Ask a family member or a friend their ideas, or just turn to Google.

But if you do have anger problems, start with calmly walking away from the situation. If you're downstairs fighting with your mom, just calmly walk away and take a breather. Come back in a few minutes when you're calmed down. When we're angry, we think irrationally. We say things we regret. So just calm yourself down. Listen to music you like. Read a book. Text your best friend and vent to them. Get one of those squishy stress balls. Basically, find what helps you.

Find something negative in your list and find a way to work on it.

--------------------

Now let's turn to a positive.

Maybe you wrote something you like about your body. For example:

"I like my hair."

Well this is something you can work with! Start looking up hair tutorials on YouTube! Find ways to wear your hair. This by far will help you feel confident.

But maybe you wrote something on your list like:

"I'm a good listener."

This is also something you can work with! Use your great listening skills to help your friends or family when they're in need. This world needs listeners. Maybe there's someone at school who looks upset. Even if you don't know them, tell them that you're there and that they can vent to you. This is such an amazing skill to have. You can help so many people. And just listening in general will help you learn and grow more.

-------------------

Start looking at your list and decide on how to work on your negatives, and how to work with your positives.