Chapter 1

Ally's POV

Austin and I were at the beach, just looking into the sunset, cuddling, enjoying each other's presence.
It was our 3 month anniversary, and another perfect date with Austin was coming closely to an end.
It was peacefully silent, until Austin started to talk, nervously.
"Ally, I have to tell you something."
To be honest, I was surprised. Austin was never nervous. Ever. He was full of confidence anytime.
I faced Austin and said,
"Yeah?"
Our eyes met for a moment, but Austin faced the sunset almost immediately after I looked at him. Almost like he was trying to avoid me.
"I just wanted to say I love you. No matter what happens. Whatever anyone says."
He was being really sweet. But I couldn't shake off the feeling that something was up.
"Austin, are you ok? What's going on?"
I looked at his face with concentration, determined not to miss a single change. I didn't miss the slight flicker on his face before he answered.
"Nothing is wrong. I just wanted to tell you that."
I was disappointed that he still didn't meet my eyes, but I respected his privacy. I shouldn't pry if he doesn't want to tell me.
After that, he dropped me off at my house in his car.
I always got a kiss before I go inside, but that night, it was just a hug and a kiss on my forehead.
I watched as he got into his car again and drove away into the darkness.
That was the last I ever saw of Austin Monica Moon.