Chapter 5

Ally's POV
I'm actually excited for once. Gavin is a really nice guy, and I liked him a lot when we were in high school.
Until I broke up with him on prom night...
I haven't seen him since.
When I got to the cafe, Gavin was already waiting inside.
I went in, and saw Gavin waving to me.
As soon as I walked over, he said
"So, what happened? I haven't seen you since the high school prom."
I explained everything that happened over the years. How we went out for 3 months, that Austin left me, that I haven't seen him since, EVERYTHING.

By the time I finished explaining everything, an hour and a half had passed, and Gavin looked so shocked.

"Austin actually left you?"
"Yes..."
"I never thought he was the type. He was a player, but he seemed to love you genuinely."
"I thought so too."
It was silent for a while, both of us not knowing what to say.

"Uh... So why did you call me all of a sudden?"
I remembered the conversation I had with Trish earlier today, and felt my face turn a little hot.
"W,well...I was talking to Trish today, and she told me to... well, move on."
"Oh."
We both turned away, our faces slightly pink.
Then, Gavin looked back at me and said,
"Woah wait. Isn't Austin coming to Miami soon? I saw it on the news two days ago or something."

Uh oh. I forgot to tell him about that.

"Yeah... That's partly why Trish told me to move on. So I wouldn't be hurt as much."
"Right sure."

Silence.

"Sorry Ally, could you give me a few days? I need time to process this."
I told him to take his time, and left the cafe half running.