Chapter 14 : Rogues

→→Song: Wake me up, Avicii

→→Picture of Gaël hugging the pillow. (Don't pay attention to the tattoos on the picture!)

Welcome back for those who didn't read the hot chapter before. I hope you'll like how the story will go and how it went so far. Good reading!!

.......................................................................................

Eriu POV

I woke up with a smile and with my wolf content. Having passed the night inside my mate connected in the most primal way possible was bliss. I had the best sleep ever in my life. I felt my mate snuggle some more against me. Our legs were tangled together, he had his head cushioned by my left arm with his face in my chest. My other arm was thrown leisurely around his waist. I hugged him a little stronger against my body.

My wolf was purring. I nuzzled his neck and let small kisses on his mark. It was a black wolf with green eyes howling to the moon with written in cursive letters: E. J. STONEWOOD. He let a small sound past his lips. I sucked a little on his mark. It made him moan without waking him. He was mine.

A knocking sound at the door made me growl at the intruder who had burst my bubble of peace. The knocking became urged. Angry, I moved out of my little heaven in my mate, untangled my legs from his, slipped on a short and made my way to the door. I opened it and growled loudly. "What's so urgent?" It was Zack.

"I'm really sorry Alpha, but there were rogues sighted in the south and west part of the wood!" A scowl took over my face. "We'll talk in my office!" I said before going back in my room. I showered and went to dress.

As I was making my way out the door, I saw my mate rolling in the bed and smuggling with my pillows, his ass wiggling in the air. He had a love-bites everywhere which made my wolf smug. I wrote him a small note: 'Love, an urgent matter came, I'm sorry I wasn't here when you woke up but I had to resolve it. I'll be in my office. Again, I'm sorry. ERIU'

I placed it on the nightstand and made my way out the door. Peoples stopped me on my way to the office to know if there was any danger and to congratulate me on my mating. I dissipated their worry for the time to come. When I entered my study, there stood Zack, my father, the ancient Beta and Aed and Dea. "Let's get started!"

"Alpha, the guards have sighted rogues on the west near the stream and on the south of the territory at the end of the clearing full of lilies!" Zack resumed. "The guards couldn't go after them because they disappeared right after wounding Josh and they had to lead him to the pack doctor. His bleeding were too much for his wolf to heal!"

Josh was a young warrior who just found his mate and was waiting for his firstborn. It made my wolf livid. I was growling. "How's he?" I asked. "Well, he had deep cuts that were coated in silver, a broken jaw and a open broken leg. All had trace of silver in them. The doc barely saved his life. He's resting in the infirmary."

I nodded. We started planning. "We'll make more peoples watch the border, there will be two time more patrols, the young will be..." I was cut by my mate coming in.

He was refreshed and dressed. He had his usual combat boots and tight gym shirt. He wore jeans and had his dogtags dangling around his neck. He was magnificent. He wheeled in the room.

"What was the urgent matter?" He asked. "Nothing!" I answered as to not worry him. But it seems he saw right through me and asked Zack in a warning tone. "Well Alpha Gaël, rogues had been sighted in the south and west of the territory!" I was relieved that Zack didn't finish the explanations.

"Firstly, don't call me Alpha and second, I want the whole story!" he addressed Zack, pressing well on the five last words. I saw Zack fidgeting before answering. "Josh was deeply wounded and is resting in the infirmary." he added quickly hoping that my mate wouldn't hear.

I watched as Gaël face hardened and his shoulders stiffened. "You'll explain later why I wasn't woken up for this matter!" He said looking me dead in the eyes. "Cyrus, Gaby get your ass right here!" he shouted.

In less than two minutes, they were here. "What's happening Captain?" they asked seriously. One look at my mate and the tone he used was enough for them to turn from carefree into serious soldiers mode. "We have a red code!" he said.

They seemed astounded before their face hardened the same way as my mate had. I didn't have the slightest idea what they meant. Gaby nodded and exited the room. Cyrus took place right behind my mate who had advanced his chair toward the maps that were discarded all around my desk.

 'What just happened?' Asked Dea and Aed puzzled. I was about to answer that I didn't have a clue when I heard a voice I wasn't habituated to hear in the link. 'You know that I can hear you?" Asked my mate through the link. I had wholly forgotten that he would be added in the link when I had marked him.

"To answer the question you could have asked me" my mate eyed the twins, "A code red, means a situation where a person was wounded and our lives are possibly endangered. In this situation, Gaby is in charge of telling the guys to be alert and to review the amo and weapons!" jeans said as a matter of fact. "Weapons?" I didn't have seen any weapons during their stay here.

"Yeah, weapons, rifles, knives, explosives and others strict minimum." I was baffled. "You don't go around with all those things? And, you know that bullets don't affect us that much?" Asked an astounded Zack. "Silver bullets and silver coated blades thanks to Cyrus who insisted on that, and yes we've them on us every days!" he answered.

I was totally shocked, they could have killed us all and we wouldn't prepared the least. He smirked at our gaping face while Cyrus snickered before going back to his drill sergeant attitude. Cyrus as if sensing his captain mood change became serious really quickly.

"Back to the important matter, I want a curfew for all children and teenagers under eighteen years old. Everyone should know were the safe place is. There will be more training and the warriors will shift between touring the borders and training. Half will train and the others will split in groups of fives and will make round. Seven groups at a time with change every hours. Lastly, I want everyone to go out at least in pair, I don't want anyone alone!"

With that, Cyrus left the room, he seemed to his instructions on what to do while we were left gaping at my mate who took charge so easily of the pack. Taken aback, I collected my thought before dividing tasks between Zack, his father who was quiet the whole time, Half and the twins. I took a look at my mate. Our eyes locked and he nodded as if approving of my choice.

Suddenly he smiled and want back to the laid back Gaël that everyone was accustomed to. He smiled. "With that matter taken care of, I'm leaving. Anyone want breakfasts?" he looked at his watch "Or lunch?" he said before exiting the room. I ran after him after everyone nodded meaning they knew what they had to do.

Note to self, be careful not to anger mate, he could kill us easily! With that, my wolf snorted and we went after our mate.

......................................................................................................

I hope you liked! Put any comments you see fit to or propositions. I'll see what you propose me, but I already have a good idea how to end the story. Bye Reader!! See you next chapter. ;3 <3