Chapter Three

Tosh walked into Torchwood's Hub, her face still flushed.

   "Hey, did you walk all the way to Owen's place and back?" Jack joked as she walked in.

   Not answering, she brushed by him and went straight to her computer.

  Jack frowned and set his papers on the table and leaned forward, "Hey, have you seen Becca anywhere?"

   Tosh froze with her fingers over the keyboard, "Uh," she paused, "she was at Owen's."

   "She was where-"

   A loud sound interrupted Jack's shocked exclamation, and Tosh's eyes flew to her computer screen as her fingers regained their tempo and started flying across the keyboard. Jack rushed over, Tori jumped down the stairs, Ari poked her head out of her door, and Gwen and Brendan ran up from the vaults.

   "What's going on?" Tori asked, stepping inbetween Jack and Tosh.

   "I just got a hit," Tosh said, "there's some rift activity over at this old building on the other side of town."

   "Can you tell what it is?" Jeff asked.

   Tosh shook her head.

   "Can you at least turn off that beeping? It's bloody annoying," Owen growled as he walked into the Hub, Becca behind him.

   Tosh, without even looking at them, turned off the noise. Everyone rushed around and grabbed their coats.

   "So where are we headed, Tosh?" Tori asked while Jack shot a side-long glance at Becca and Owen. 

   They both caught his gaze at the same time and Jack mouthed, "We'll talk about this later," and Owen snorted in annoyance. Becca continued to lock eyes with Jack, it was a tense stand-off that would only be broken when Tori walked in front of Jack to speak to him.

   Becca hunched her shoulders and pulled her jacket tighter.