Chapter Four

"Tosh," Owen's voice was harsh as he swung the car back around.

   "Sorry!" Tosh sounded worried, "The radar... something must be wrong."

   "Dammit Tosh," Owen looked like he was about to start on a rant, so Becca touched his arm gently and he stopped. Jack cleared his throat and she pulled her arm away, sending him a cold glance out of the corner of her eye and flicking her hair as she turned.

    Her hair had grown back to pre-getting shot days, but like Owen had said, it had lightened to a brown the same shade of Jack's. Her skin was still the same shade of porcelain white, and she had a very light dusting of spread out freckles all over her body.

   "Got it!" Tosh said, finally coming back online.

   "Finally," Owen mumbled.

   This time, Jack and Becca both shot him a hard look.

   "Okay, it's coming up on your right," Tosh said, seemingly regaining her confidence, "right there. Yes. You're there."

   "This is it?" Becca asked, leaning up to see past Jack's broad shoulders and out the window. A seemingly abandoned industrial building loomed ahead. Vines and ivy spiraled up. Glass was broken and lay on the ground. Graffiti was etched into the walls, some fading with age.

   "That is it," Tosh said. She seemed proud of herself.

   Becca rolled her eyes, "Whatever gets you through the day, Tosh," she thought to herself.

   "Okay," Jack said, "first, where are we headed, and second, where are the others?"

   "Oh, I had another hit, I diverted them that way."

   Jack frowned.

   "You guys should be headed to the very top, I believe it came from up there."

   "You believe?" Becca asked. She shot a sidelong glance at Owen, but he wasn't looking.

(A/N- Here's the start of the chapter. x Hope you enjoy [4/11/14])