The Stories to his Scars

Just a little thing I thought I should say, I don't own the song or lyrics in this chapter. It's a song called 'Skinny Love' but I don't know who wrote it due to how many people have sung it. Thanks....

"When I was about seven, I was adopted for...the third time I think" he had to think for a moment "it was okay at first, but then it all went South" Ezra stated, now frowning; Hera sat next to him and Kanan on the other side, Zeb and Sabine sat on the floor in front of them. "The man he was an alcoholic and a drug addict, the woman was okay but she didn't really care about me, and then there was their son" he explained "he was a part of the 'Storm troopers' so he would give me a beating everyday and stuff like that, whatever Tom and Bill wanted, he did". Everyone shared a worried glance as Ezra continued to speak "but one night...the man came home with his wife from the pub and...he was really drunk, so I stayed in my room but that didn't stop him" he paused for a moment "he em...he dragged me down stairs and...and" Ezra couldn't bring himself to say it; Kanan pulled the boy in for a hug as Hera rubbed his back and Sabine placed a hand on his knee. Eventually, he spoke again, but more quiet, loud enough for them to hear "and then he...he beat me...he beat me pretty bad, pulled my hair, threw me into things...and would slash me with knives like the guy from earlier did...but then he...he" Ezra looked down as he didn't want to say the next part "what did he do Ezra??" Hera asked in a soft voice. The teen shook his head "I can't tell you...you'll all hate me and send me back". It was official; every heart in that room had just been broken from hearing that sentence come from the young boys mouth. Sabine and Zeb tried to reassure him that they wouldn't send him back to the orphanage or hate him, but it seemed that Ezra didn't believe them, that was until Kanan made the teen turn his face towards him "now you look and listen here Ezra Bridger!! We would never in a million years give you back and would never even think of it!! And we wouldn't and couldn't hate you, even if we wanted to so don't you even dare think that we would or that we would give you back!!" he stated "you're apart of this family and your not going anywhere, whether you like it or not". Ezra gave a faint smile to Kanan's speech; he had never heard anything like that. "Okay" he continued with the tale "once the beating was over,  the man...he em...he forced drugs down my throat". Everyone's eyes went wide with shock; they knew it was going to be bad but this?! Ezra kept his head down when suddenly, Kanan got angry, really angry "Ezra" the teen looked up at the man, but became worried by the look on his face "Ezra, whatever happened or happens, I want you to know that it wasn't your fault and you never ever deserved any of what you've been through, do you understand??" that earned him a slow nod "good, now I want you to tell me where this man live??". The small family were shocked by the question "em...why?" Kanan reply?? "Because I'm going to go and have a few words with this man" the others agreed with his, saying "me too" but Ezra quickly jumped up, shaking his head "no!! You can't!! Besides, he's in prison now anyway!!". Kanan and the others sighed; he was pretty annoyed inside as all he could think was that he really wanted to kill that man, he would of killed anyone that hurt and forced drugs onto Ezra, his Ezra. Kanan spoke up again "okay, but can you at least tell us who this man is?? His name?? he asked, but the kid didn't seen too sure "please??". Sighing, Ezra nodded "fine his name is...Jay Kallus" he spat the name out like it was venom.

Before Bedtime....
Everyone was in the living room watching a film, well all except Ezra; he was in the dining room doing god know what. Deciding to check on him, the four family members stood up made their way to the other room. They entered the dining room, greeting the boy "hey Ezra" they were confused to see that the teen didn't say anything, acting as if he hadn't heard them as he just carried on writing in his art book. They each sat down at the table, Ezra somehow still not realising it, so Zeb placed a hand on the kids shoulder which made him jump "wha...when did you all come and sit down??" Ezra asked a little confused; they all laughed as Hera explained "about a minute ago kid, you looked like you were quite focused". Ezra blushed and looked down, that was when they all noticed that instead of a drawing in his art book, there were sentences. A confused Sabine asked "hey Ezra, what are you writing??" the younger teen took a glance at her "a...em...a song" the girls eyes widened with excitement "no way!! Lets see" she quickly swirled the book around so it was facing her and began to read.

"Come on skinny love just last the year, pour a little salt we were never here" she began to rest in her head; the group watched as her eyes filled up with tears "Ezra this is so...so...emotional!! You have to sing it for us!!" she insisted. All Ezra did was chuckle "sure Sabine, you find me a piano and I'll play and sing it for you" sarcasm was dripping from his mouth, but everyone suddenly became excited?? They all stood up and entered a room that Ezra hadn't been in yet; to his surprise, there was a guitar, keyboard, microphone, drum kit and of course, a piano. It was a music room!! Ezra slowly sat at the piano whilst everyone else sat down in whatever seat they found the room. The teen took a deep breath before be began to play and sing.

Pour a little salt we were never here,
My my my, my my my, my-my-my my-my...
Staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer".

"Tell my love to wreck it all,
Cut out all the ropes and let me fall,
My my my, my my my, my-my-my my-my...
Right in the moment this order's tall"

"And I told you to be patient,
And I told you to be fine,
And I told you to be balanced,
And I told you to be kind,
And in the morning I'll be with you,
But it will be a different kind,
'Cause I'll be holding all the tickets,
And you'll be owning all the fines".

"Come on skinny love, what happened here?
Suckle on the hope in light brassieres,
My my my, my my my, my-my-my my-my...
Sullen load is full, so slow on the split".

"And I told you to be patient,
And I told you to be fine,
And I told you to be balanced,
And I told you to be kind,
And now all your love is wasted,
Then who the hell was I?
'Cause now I'm breaking at the britches,
And at the end of all your lines".

"Who will love you?
Who will fight?
And who will fall far behind?
Come on skinny love,
My my my, my my my, my-my-my my-my...
My my my, my my my, my-my-my my-my".

The four family members clapped instantly; Ezra faced them and saw that Hera and Sabine crying, Kanan had tears in his eye and Zeb was just smiling. Ezra smiled as his cheeks turned  light shad of pink "thanks" they all came for a group....no, a family hug. Once they got up stairs, they all said good night and went to bed; Hera quickly went to Ezra'a room and sat on the bed next to where he was lying. "I just wanted to say that, the song you wrote was amazing and your voice!! And that we all love you so much" she smiled; Ezra returned the nice gesture "thanks Hera, I love you guys too" her smile widened before she kissed his forehead and walked towards the door, but before she left, she heard Ezra speak as he drifted off to sleep "night...mum". The woman's eyes widened but was soon replaced with a smiled "good night, my talented son" and with that, she closed the door and left. Once Hera returned to her and Kanan's room, her husband noticed the massive smile on Hera's face "why are you so happy??" he asked; all Hera did was get in bed and say "Ezra just called me mum". Kanan was shocked but smiled, knowing Ezra was accepting the fact that he was a part of the family and he was staying, that they cared and loved him. They shared a kissed and soon fell asleep, happy and still having Ezra's beautiful voice singing in there heads, acting as a lullaby.