Chapter 3: Too Much Mail

Lucy P.O.V

That night, after my date with Natsu, I rewrote my entire chapter. The inspiration flowed from my pen to the paper, and before I knew it, the sun had risen.

I placed the rough draft into a manila folder with a smile. This is my best chapter yet...If Jellal doesn't approve it, I'll literally curse him out--Or that's what I would like to do if I wasn't so scared of him.

I sighed loudly as I placed the package down on my desk. I then stretched, laying my back on the seat to straighten my hunch. I need to find a new desk. One of these days I'm gonna turn into the hunchback of Edolas...

I stood up from my desk with a yawn as I walked to finally sleep after a night's hard work. As soon as I hit the bed, my alarm went off, signaling it was time for me to go to work. I yelled my stress away into my pillow. I want to sleep! 

After growing annoyed by the sound of my alarm, I stood up to get ready for work.

***

I watched Jellal read my new storyboard. The room was silent, creating unbearable tension. I swallowed loudly, hoping for the best. Suddenly, he placed my manuscript down and handed it back to me. 

"Lucy," he began.

"Ye-yes?"

"Your writing... it's gotten better. I really enjoyed the raw emotions in this dating scene! It's almost like a pure RomCom and I love it!"

"Really?!" 

He nodded his head while giving me a thumbs up. "Keep up the good work, Lucy. I'll see you next week when the chapter's completed."

I took the manuscript in my hand and hugged it. I then gave a bow, leaving the office with a smile.

*** 

I was approaching my home when I saw Natsu leaving a package in front of my door. Ouu my new pencils arrived!

I skipped to my doorway to grab the package, completely ignoring Natsu. 

 "Oh hi, Lucy!" he shouted, excited to see me. 

"Oh yeah, hi," I replied nonchalantly while opening my package. I quickly took out my pencils and squealed happily. "They're gorgeous!"

Natsu chuckled at my reaction. "You're really passionate about drawing, huh?"

I nodded my head, still staring at my pencils. 

"Oh Lucy, before I go, I was wondering if...if I can have your numb--"

My phone vibrated showing a text message from the group chat I had with my assistants. I gasped while I read it; they wouldn't be able to make it tonight. That means I can sleep! But...it'll be an all-nighter tomorrow...Ehh, oh well.

"Is everything okay?" he asked. 

I nodded my head while putting my phone away. "Yeah, I got my new pencils and now I can sleep the rest of the day. It's a pretty good day," I replied. 

He smiled at me, glad that I was okay. "Oh, about what I was saying earlier," he said, "I was wondering if I could get your number...?"

My heart skipped as I saw his flushed face and genuine request. "M-my number?" I asked in disbelief, "Wh-why would you want my nu-number?" 

He scratched the back of his head nervously. "Well, I would love to stay in contact with you! Remember, I said I would help you with your writing!"

I thought about his request before giving him my number. I mean, he did help me make one of my best chapters after that date...I guess he really can help me.