Chapter 14: Lunch

Maggie

After the long weekend we had, everything went back to normal routine again here at the office. Dealing with my horrible boss aka our terror editor-in-chief who did nothing but to ask me to make coffee during staff meetings, organizing schedules for interviews, and even going to office warehouse to buy inks and bond papers when we run out. This is not the job that I signed for! I studied journalism to write, not to be an errand girl.

As usual I know that this day is going to be another tiring one for me. I wonder what else will happen to make everything worst.

I sigh heavily as I make my way out of the building to have my lunch. I just want this day to be over. Just as I step out of the glass door, my eyes went wide when I saw Niall leaning in his car, his attention focused into his phone.

I hesitate for a moment if I will go and approach him, maybe he's with someone else, but he already saw me before I could even make my mind.

He turns to face me and greeted me with a smile. "Hi Maggie" he said as he put his phone to his pocket.

"Hey" I said as I walk towards him. "What are you doing here?"

"Uhm," he said as he scratches the back of his neck "I am actually waiting for you."

I furrow my eyebrows. How did he know about the place where I work? "What?"

"Can you join me eat lunch?" he ask sheepishly. I never thought this guy with millions of girls screaming his name is still shy.

I cross my arms at my chest and raise an eyebrow to tease. "Why, where's the Beatles huh?"

"We're on break, Margarette, and if I will always spend every second of my life with them, I think I'll go insane," he blabs and I can say that I got his nerves there. "God, why do people expect that we should be together always" he mutters to himself.

"Hey, since when did you call me Margarette?"

"Why, you don't like it?"

It's not that I don't like it, but I find Margarette a bit old. I love my name cause that came from my grandmother, it's just I feel like I'm my gran when people call me by that.

I roll my eyes at him. "Why do you keep on asking if I like things or not?"

"Cause we're friends, I should know about that," he said then he cross his arms in his chest to imitate me. "Why do you keep on rolling your eyes on me like that?" he said mimicking my voice.

I'm fighting the urge to laugh at him right now because he looks adorable even though he's annoying me. I know he's doing this on purpose and I will not give in to his cheekiness. That trick doesn't work for me.

"Cause your always annoying me!"

"There you go with your eyes again," he points out as he laughs at me. Ugh, why do he keep on noticing things like Aunt Nans, is that what Irish people really like?

"I only got one hour break," I said trying to sound serious "where will you take me?"

He smiled. "Somewhere I know you'll gonna love." Then he step back to open the car's door for me.

"Please tell me that this is not on another famous landmark again" I said as I climb into his car.

"No, but I'm still thinking about climbing that tower with you" he said before the shut the door then he jogs to the other side of the car to get in the driver's seat.