Chapter 16: Sweets

Niall

"So, what again this time?" Maggie ask as she climb into my car and buckle herself.

"Nice seeing you too Maggie, I'm good by the way." I smiled at her, ignoring the question.

"What?" she asks.

"What?" I return the question, staring at her blankly.

"Ugh," she groans after a moment of staring back at me then she hides her face in her hands then she looks up again only to let out a heavy sigh, "I'm sorry for being a bitch, its just, things are not going well in my work as of the moment." She murmurs.

"You must really hate that job," she just shakes her head and I know that she's only doing that to avoid the topic. We never talked about that matter but I know what she really want to do. She never told me but I know that she's frustrated with her work. "I had a feeling that you'll be stubborn again so I brought you this one," I said then I reach for my backseat and give her a pint of yogurt that I bought earlier on my way here.

"You know how it works, didn't you?" She said, trying to hide her smile then she opened it and starts eating it. "I thought your real mission in life is to annoy me?"

"It is, who said that I already forgotten about that?" I said as I start the engine.

She chuckles "oh, it's just, I'm surprised that you are being nice to me today."

"Hey, didn't I treat you lunch last time?"

"You seriously call that 'lunch'?"

"Admit it, you liked it."

She rolls her eyes at me again and I can't help but laugh at the sight of it. "You're so annoying, Niall."

"I know, thank you very much." I said quoting her. Annoying her is really my favorite thing to as of the moment. Her expressions when she can't give a good comeback is so priceless.

We haven't seen each other since we went to lunch together but we keep on texting and calling every night asking how was our day and talking about random stuff. I texted her earlier that I am going to fetch her and don't ask why. She didn't send a reply, maybe because I said so, but I think she's occupied that moment. Maggie is always busy with her work while I am enjoying these counted days where I can have it all by myself. But I must admit, a lot of times I feel alone and lonely.Thank goodness Maggie is always there. Having other people's company--who is not in the crazy showbiz world like her--is one of the things that keeps me sane these past few days.

"So, why did you fetch me?" she asks casually as she throws the empty pint to the garbage bin, trying to wave off the fact that she can't think of something better to say.

"Uhm, I wa--"

"Wait wait wait! Stop!" Maggie cried, extending her arms in front of me as if that will make the car stop. "Stop!" She said one more time, only this time upon reaction, I hit the breaks too soon which made us throw our bodies forward then back.

"What?" I ask out of breath. "You almost killed us!"

"I'm sorry," she breaths heavilly, "uhm, can we please stop at the sweets shop for a moment?" she ask as she flush.

"Jesus, we almost died just because of candies?"

"Cookies dummy. I'm going to buy cookies. It's friday today, Mr. Williams is probably waiting for me." Then she undo her seatbelt and hops down the car.

There se goes with being so stubborn again. She didn't even waited for me to say something, she just get out of the car without asking if I want to or not. She just left me with no other choice but to go with her so I did the same and follow her inside the store.