Something..Unknown

I stared at my complexion, now already pale with streaks of drying tears. Each time it drops, a new wave of pain stabs my heart.

Those eyes that once use to be filled with so much joy, is now throbbing with agony. Those eyes that remind me of my mother, now replaced with wet, warm emotional tears.

I was desperate to find air as if there was no more around. So far out of reach, that each time I thought I grasped it, it escaped. It was hard picturing life without my mother, going forward blind and only having the past to keep as memories.

Back then, being only my mom and I, doing everything together. My life was like a beautiful mosaic glass window, it had beauty, confidence, represented a bigger picture, and most of all, it was filled with love. Until one day, that glass window full of joy shattered and fell into millions of broken pieces.

I remember everything so clearly as if it was being played over and over again in front of me. It was two weeks after I turned 17, and I remember my mother being so happy that I finally had the courage to compete in the poetry contest.

My mother was waiting till the day I got on that stage. She would always praise me about how talented I was. It was her idea in the first place to enter the contest. I really didn't like reading my poems to people; it felt like it was something between me and my mother, something we both had in common.

But I did it for her, and so I agreed to join and when I was up on that stage I thought about nothing but my mom and the poem. Thinking that she was there in the audience, feeling so proud of me, I gave my all.

And that gave me more emotion than I ever put in any of my poems; it gave me the inspiration that I felt from my mother. After I was done, I was crowded by many familiar and unfamiliar faces congratulating me. Though I was only searching for one which I didn't see.

Worried I called her and called her until a man's voice answered it. Confused, I told him who I was and heard the words that changed my life. Forever.

"Hello, this is Officer Minferd, I'm sorry to say but your mother…" Shocked, I hanged up and that was the first time the tears of sorrow slipped through my eyes

A/N please comment, vote, and fan!......I would truley appreciate it!:) I know this was sad and emotional but i wanted to show the close relationship between Mila and her mom. I promise it will lighten up and became better!