Father Figure

Before the clipboard woman left, she told me where my dad stayed. I still couldn't believe the fact that I was moving in with my father, and leaving the place I grew up at. Everything I know is here and now I’m going to pack up and move without having a say in any of it. Thinking about my life and how I'm leaving it all behind scares me. But most of all, Nate, the one who I have to leave is the one I'm scared to lose the most.

And that's why I couldn't say goodbye face to face with Nate. I watched Nate sleep, softly and slowly, his chest rising with every breath. How bad I wanted to sleep next to him, to forget about all these problems, to just lay there and stay like that forever.

I left the letter I wrote next to his pillow, hoping he would find it. Feeling my heart shake inside my chest and the escaped tears fall, I slipped out the door, facing the world alone now.

Chapter 2

I was sitting in the window seat, looking at the concrete ground, the workers putting our luggage in the plane. I watched as the other planes took off, wondering where they were heading, and if any of the passengers are going through things like I am.

While I was away in thought, I heard someone putting their carry-on over the top of our seats. I looked up to see this beautiful girl, about the same age as me.

She had big, round eyes, the color of golden brown. Her lips were the color of light rose, and her nose was perfectly set. Her skin tone was lighter than mine though, having chubby cheeks. And her hair was full, colored Blue-black. When she was sitting down she looked at me, smiled and handed me her hand.

"Hi, I'm Eila," she greeted me.

"Hey, I'm Mila," I replied with a smile.

For some reason, I felt like this plane ride won't be as bad as I thought it would be. Instantly, Eila and I got along. We started talking and we had a lot of things in common, except the small little detail about my mother, which I didn't tell her about.

Talking to Eila was weird but comforting. I mean she was easy to talk to. Maybe it was just me, but there was a safe vibe about her. It felt like she understood me. But I've learned not to get too attached. Friendship can easily be made but it takes more to make it last. Plus there was no point of making her a friend, I won't see after we land.

For a moment I got quiet, taking in everything. I can pretend to not remember what's going on in my life now but somehow it always came back to my memory. I looked outside the plane's window and saw the most beautiful sight ever. There were pieces of land surrounded by water. As we got closer, the city lights were almost hypnotizing. The seatbelt lights turned on, signaling that the plane is about to land.

Ahh, I love this part.

"So do I," Eila said with a grin.

Hm, I didn't know that I've said that aloud. But I have that problem sometimes. I just looked at her and smiled.

The intercom came on, putting through the pilot's voice of a welcoming arrival.

When we both got off the plane, we walked together to the baggage claim, where we were going to meet our "family."

Actually, as soon as we reached there, Eila ran to what I was guessing was her mother. They greeted each other and they seemed so happy. And I felt the tears rising, missing my mother.

A/N: please comment, vote, and fan!