Chapter 14

J pov

I've been calling Selena all day after school. She doesn't answer my calls or respond to my texts. I've been calling since four and it's 9:30pm now. I call one last time and listen to the agonizing rings. Please pick up the phone Selena.....

"Hello..." "Selena don't hang up!!!!" I heard sniffling on the other end. "This is her mother. Selena has been severely injured. She is in the hospital." I blocked out everything else as my heart pounded hard. "I'm on my way" I hung up as her mother continued to sob.

I bolted outside to my car and sped to the hospital. "Hi what room is Selena Rodriguez in?" I asked the nurse. "ICU room 25. Are you family?" She asked while smiling at me. I shake my head, "I'm her girlfriend." I roll my eyes and run towards her room.

As I enter I see the love of my life hooked up to a bunch of stuff. She's talking to a woman I suppose is her mother. I rush to her side and kiss her forehead. "You're J I assume?" Her mother asked "yes ma'am. I've grown quite close to your daughter."

Selena looked confused as her mother looked at our joined hands. "Well then, I'll leave you alone to talk" she said smiling as she left the room. Selena moved her hand from mine and rubbed her swollen cheek. When I leaned over to kiss it she smacked me and looked at me like I was crazy.

"Selena I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you. I love you so much. You're all I can think about. You're so perfect. You're the love of my life. So....will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?" I smiled as I held her hand and looked into her eyes.

She shook her head and looked down. "I'm sorry. I can't be your girlfriend....." "Why not Selena? What's wrong?" Why is she doing this? She's supposed to say yes. She looked at me with tears in her eyes. "Because I..." "You what?"

I squeezed her hand to encourage her to continue. "I don't know who you are." I let go of her hand as my whole world crumbled. I stood and walked out the door and heard a faint "I'm sorry" behind me. Sorry won't mend my broken heart.