Their Story So Far...

3rd Person P.O.V

3 years old...

New York

The Domicans unloaded their boxes from their van. Greg grabbed the majority of the brown cardboard and heaved them into the new house. His eyes, along with his wife Karen's, were taken off of their three year old as they moved. The little brunette toddler waddled across the road as her attention was caught by the garden adjacent. Having made her way over, she plopped herself down onto the grass and began playing with the four year old boy who occupied the garden where they played for almost a half hour.

"Lily. Lily!" Greg and Karen frantically called for their daughter.

"Over here."

They followed the voice to the house across the road and found their daughter sitting happily with a dark haired little boy.

"Oh, my God. There you are. We thought we had lost her. Thank you so much for looking after her."

"It's no problem. It seems as though they've become fast friends."

"Greg Domican. This is my wife Karen and our daughter Lily. Our son Aidan is back at the house; he's older." Greg shook hands with their neighbour.

"I'm Meryl Lipstein and my husband Barry is at work. And this is our little boy Skylar."

"We've got to finish moving our stuff into the house. We've got to have you over for dinner sometime. It was very nice to meet you! Come on, Lily." Karen took her daughter's little hand and started to walk with her.

Skylar scrambled to get up, pulling a flower from the compost and presenting it to Lily who took it happily.

Their parents smiled and chuckled as they documented the cute moment with a photograph.

*

13 years old...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TEENAGER!" The fourteen year old jumped onto the sleeping figure on the bed.

Lily scrambled to get up and get the boy off of her. "Thanks, teenager." She smiled.

"What's planned for today then, Lil?" Skylar sat at the end of his best friend's bed.

"I am going to sleep some more, eat cake and try not to kill my brother." Lily looked at Skylar.

"No, you're not."

"Why, what have you done, Sky?" Lily pulled herself onto her knees to look him in the eye.

"Well..." Skylar trailed off, his deep brown eyes glistening with mischief.

"Sky, you didn't."

Skylar shrugged one shoulder.

"You know I don't really like having parties."

"Are you sure you're Irish?" Skylar joked. Lily raised one eyebrow. "Oh, Lil. I know you don't like parties but I'll be with you the whole time. I won't leave you to fend for yourself. Is that a smile I'm seeing? Huh? Huh?" He reached forward to poke Lily's cheek as she tried to hide the smile creeping onto her face.

"You're such a dork." Lily laughed as she swatted his hand away.

*

14 years old...

"You're what?"

"I'm changing my name. Well, not really. I want a stage name." Skylar sat cross-legged across from Lily.

"How about using your middle name as a last name type thing?" Lily mused.

"Skylar Astin. That's a cool idea." A smile crept onto Skylar's face.