Initiation

LILY

"Damon, I-"

'Carry on my wayward son-'

I answered my phone without looking at the caller ID. "Ugh, it's one in the morning. What?" I grumbled.

"Whoa. Easy there, Lil lady. I can tell for a fact that you're watching The Vampire Diaries."

"I'm still tired." I heard Sky chuckle. "What is it?"

"I spoke to Jason and Kay - you know, the director and writer? And they've decided to create a whole character for you and Kerry agreed to it after I showed her some photos of you and videos of you singing as well as with the Rebelles." Sky sounded fit to burst with excitement.

"Really? Christ, this is actually happening." I ran a hand through my hair. "Wait, since when have you had videos of me singing?"

"I would record you when you weren't looking. I knew you would kill me if you saw me. You're good, Lil. You're really good. And we- they want you for this movie. We have a meeting for all cast members at twelve but it's a long journey. I'll pick you up at 9:30."

"Wha- And you're telling me this now?!" I shrieked. Great, I'm gonna be late or sleepy in my first ever movie meeting.

"It'll be fine. You'll get at least eight hours of beauty sleep." Sky reassured me.

"Who says I need beauty sleep?" I pretended to be offended.

"Your mom." Skylar teased.

I scoffed playfully. "I gotta get off the phone now dork if I have any hope in hell of waking up on time tomorrow. You better be on time, you douche." I mock-threatened.

"Ah, but I'm your douche."

"And don't you forget it." I chuckled. "Night, Sky. Love oo."

"Love oo too. G'night, Lil."

I pressed End Call and turned back to my laptop where Bonnie and Jeremy were getting close. It was cute. Two friends becoming closer. It made me think about my friendship with Skylar. I mean, yes I just have to see his face or hear his laugh and my day gets brighter. And, yes, he was there for me through the darkest times of my childhood and became a sort-of lifeline for me but he's my best friend. I don't think of him that way. At all.

*

I woke up to Makoto's Good Morning alarm tone. It's such a joy to wake up to someone shouting 'Wake up' and then calling you a bastard in Japanese. I blew out a breath as I moved my bed head hair out of my face. I was not a morning person at all. I heaved myself off the bed where I trudged to the bathroom to brush my teeth and...well, you know. I quickly shaved my lags and returned to my room where I threw on a pair of denim shorts, a purple lace-detailed tank and a pair of Black Vans. I wiped my face clean before moisturising it and applying some light makeup. I tried fixing my hair but gave up with a sigh. "Fuck it. I'm probably gonna have a hair stylist pretty soon, anyway."

Skylar beeped his horn outside and I took that as my cue to leave. I grabbed my bag, throwing my phone and charger into it.

"Hey, sleepy head. Ooh, missed a bit." Skylar pointed to my leg as I leapt into the passenger seat.

"What?!" I quickly checked my legs.

Skylar started chuckling. "Kidding. Boy, you are really on edge today. You're nervous."

"Me? Nervous? Pfft."

"Lily Marie Domican. Look me in the eye and try to tell me you're not nervous." He looked at me.