Become A Barden Girl

LILY

It was awkward, the drive home. I'm not gonna lie. Sky left Anna's at around nine-thirty. He could tell I was frustrated.

"Again, Lil, I am so sor-" Skylar began.

"Sky, it's fine. Really. I guess I'm just not used to you going off with someone." I let out a slight chuckle.

"Really? Are you sure?" Sky's eyes shifted from me and the road ahead.

"Yeah, really. And, to be honest, I didn't really mind hanging with the girls."

"Never thought I'd hear those words come from your lips." Sky teased.

"Shut up! It's not my fault I'm a bit of a toyboy." I hit his arm playfully. He pretended to swerve the car at the movement and I braced my hands on my seat. "You ass." I laughed.

"I'll make it up to you." Sky said as the laughter stopped.

"You didn't actually crash the car, you know." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"No, I meant," Sky chuckled. "I meant for abandoning you today." He took the left turn at the fork in the road and pulled up in front of my apartment building. I rented a fair sized single bedroom apartment close to the university. Myself and Sky used to board at the college but when I started working a couple of years ago, I was able to afford to get my own place. "It's not that late and you're not working at Starbucks anymore- You're in the big time now, darling," Sky smirked when he saw me start to protest at the 'not working anymore' part. "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

I quirked an eyebrow. "Movie marathon?"

"Movie marathon."

*

"Why are you do averse to this?" Sky asked.

"I'm not averse to it, per se. I like the idea of their love, the storyline I can tolerate but it's just the acting that's just...ugh." I replied. Currently, Sky and myself had taken to the couch and were halfway through a Twilight marathon on my laptop. He had stretched himself horizontally on the sofa and I had gotten comfortable tucked under his arm beside him, my head using his chest as a pillow."Says the girl who can't act for her life."

"Nonsense. You were great earlier. Jason couldn't stop gushing about you and how great it was to have an actual a capella singer in the cast. Everyone liked you...Adam more than most."

"Adam, Adam Devine?"

"Yeah. I think he has a bit of a first sight crush on you." Sky told me.

First sight crush is a term we had created when were younger. It pretty much is what it says on the tin; you meet someone, you look at them and you find yourself telling them that you like like them even if you don't even know each other. So...yeah.

"Really? Huh. Well, if it is a F.S.C, it'll pass soon which is good. I mean, I don't know him all that well yet so it'd be too soon to say whether or not it'd be reciprocated but if I don't like him back then...it's good. God, I sound a bit like a bitch." I groaned. Sky chuckled, his thumb rubbing my arm where it rested. "So, how was your day with Anna?"

"It was...great, actually. We went out for coffee for about an hour. Then we hung out in the restaurant in the mall."

Where you were supposed to take me. I couldn't help but think to myself, slightly hurt. It had only been a day yet he seemed so smitten with her. Was that even possible? I mean, outside of books and movies and TV shows? I turned my attention back to the screen of my laptop. "God, Ashley Greene is hot. So's Jackson Rathbone for that matter."