Chapter One

Chapter One

Jason

I sighed as I ran a hand through my already messy hair. Piper lightly trailed her fingertips down my spine. I felt disgusted and tried to pull away. She pouted and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Sadly enough, I felt no pity for her. Piper got off of the bed and started to put on her jacket. She glared at me and rolled her eyes.

"I came all the way from camp to visit you, and you're disgusted by my touch!" she shouted. "Are you serious? Come to camp when you can stomach my presence."

I shrugged and looked away from her. She slammed the door shut, and I flinched at the loud bang it made. A few pictures shook and fell off of the wall. I sighed as I started to clean up around the apartment. Why was she acting like this? She has started to distance herself from me way before what just happened. I just didn't feel like doing anything with her.

While throwing away the broken glass, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I instantly gripped the hand and flipped my attacker. Nico grunted as his back slammed into the floor, his head also slamming onto the floor. I loudly gasped and tried to help him up, but he pushed me away.

"What the hell?" he glared at me, making me want to pee my pants. "Is this what you do to everyone who wants to surprise you by a visit?"

I bowed my head and fiddled with my necklace. "I'm sorry, Nico. I hadn't known it was you."

His gaze softened and he smiled. Nico played with his ring and he shrugged. "You should've known it was me. I'm the only one who can sneak in on you like that."

He looked around the room and whistled. "What happened here?"

I also gazed around the room. I hadn't realized I was destroying it instead of cleaning. Nico stared at me and bit his lip. He shook his head and shrugged.

"How are you and Piper doing?" Nico had a jealous glare in his eyes.

I could see why. Piper was beautiful, but she wasn't my type. She was a natural beauty, but it seemed like she tried too hard for my attention. I enjoy the little things in life. She wants big, grand moments.

Nico tapped on my shoulder, bringing my out of my thoughts. He softly smiles and lightly punched my shoulder.

"Don't fret over it. I'm sure she'll be back soon," Nico reassured me.

I looked down at the boy. His black eyes pulled me in. I couldn't look away. He slightly tilted his head. I brought my hand up and rested it against his cheek. Nico leaned into my hand and sighed contently. Warnings were going through my head, making me almost pulled my hand away. What made me not pull my hand away was the way he looked so peaceful. Nico opened his eyes and smiled at me. It seems that only I can make him smile that much.

"Nico," I whispered.

I started to leans towards him, my lips slightly parted.

If only he wouldn't run from me.

Nico smashed his lips against mine and wrapped his arms around my neck, pulling me closer. I instantly melted into the kiss. His lips were ghost like, there but not there. His body molded into mine and fit perfectly. I closed my eyes and slowly took over the kiss. He fought for dominance, but finally accepted that I was in charge. It was too soon when he pulled away, looking terrified.

"I-I..." Nico started to panic.

I let him pull away. He stared at me for a moment before leaving in a shadow. I punched the wall and tugged at my hair. Why did I do that? He would only run! He's afraid of his emotions. I slid down the wall and pulled my knees to my chest.

Later, I woke up to feeling my glasses removed. Nico looked down at me and shook his head before he laid my glasses on my nightstand. I sleepily rubbed my eyes and stretched. He padded over to me and wrapped an arm around my waist before assisting me up. Nico guided me to my bed and laid me on my bed. He pulled the covers to my chin and tucked me in. I looked into his eyes and smiled. Yeah, he runs, but he always returns. Nico kissed my forehead and turned around to leave, but I grabbed his wrist and held onto it like my life depended on it.

"Please don't leave me," I murmured.

Nico glanced around the room before sighing in defeat. He slid off his jacket and his belt before kicking off his jeans. Nico took off his shirt and my jaw dropped. He wildly blushed and got under the covers with me. I instantly wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him closer to me. It was a natural instinct that I didn't have with Piper. Nico snuggled into me and yawned.

"You need to get more sleep," I informed Nico.

He shrugged and yawned again. "I'm fine."

I smiled and buried my face in his hair and took in a whiff. Nico's breathing slowed as he fell asleep. I stroked his cheek and smiled down at him. He looked so peaceful.

My thoughts started to wonder. What would Piper think if she saw this right now? I shook my head and chuckled. She would be confused until she put two and two together. Of course, she could always think that Nico needed to crash and I didn't want him sleeping on the ground.

Nico stirred in his sleep and muttered incoherently. I stroked his cheek and he calmed down. My eyes slowly started to close, but each time they would, I would jerk myself awake. I wanted to remain awake in case Nico needed me. Soon, I succumbed into my tired body and mind.