Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Jason

I took a step backwards. Nico's words kept replaying in my head. He hadn't loved me; Nico probably only lusted over me. I shook my head.

"How could you say that?" I questioned.

Nico shrugged. "I was able to get Cupid to love from my emotions. I don't love anymore."

I frowned and bit my lip. I will be able to have him love again.

But what if it is my fault why he wishes to not love?

I shook my head. I didn't do any wrong to him.

But I did mix his emotions.

I had kissed him a couple of times then made him sleep with me.

Maybe it is my fault.

Nico rubbed the stubble on his chin. "What are you thinking about, Grace?" He slightly tilted his head.

"What I did to make you this way?" I replied honestly.

Nico chuckled, but it his usual heart-warming chuckle. This chuckle was cold and ominous. "It wasn't solely your fault. This had to do with many. Love had always hurt me in the end, so I decided to get rid of it."

I was confused. "What about Hazel or Bianca?"

His eyes dangerously flashed. "Don't you dare say her name!" He nearly shouted.

I sighed in relief. He still had emotions. That was a plus. Surely he could learn how to love. While smiling, I sat on the chair next to his bed.

"How'd you end up here?" I asked.

Nico shuddered from the memories. "I don't want to talk about it," he hissed.

I nodded in understanding. Some things are better left unsaid.

"Where do you plan on staying?"

"I don't know?" he shrugged.

"What about my place?" I suggested.

Nico shrugged again. "I'd have to get better first."

I looked down. Come to think of it, Nico didn't say it wasn't my fault. So, it had to have been partly my fault.

But who else would it be?

Nico stood up and winced, his legs shaking. I gently pushed on his shoulder, making him sit on the cot. He rolled his eyes.

"I can take care of myself," Nico snapped.

It was my turn to roll my eyes. He was so immature at times.

"Not in this state," I retorted.

Nico crossed his arms over his chest and glared at me. I shrugged and ran a hand through my hair. My thoughts wondered to Calysta. What was she doing? She would probably be playing with Frank's and Hazel's son.

Nico coughed into his hand and I blushed. He softly smirked. "What were you thinking of? You had a dreamy look on your face."

I smiled. "I was thinking of Calysta. She's my three year old daughter."

Nico's gaze quickly lost all warmth it had gained within the past few minutes. His eyes slightly darkened. "I should have known."

While looking down, I shrugged. "She's a bastard child, if hearing that makes you feel any better."

My hopes started to rise. If her felt jealousy, does that mean he feels a slight bit of love towards me? Maybe even a crush?

Nico's gaze turned colder. "That's supposed to make me feel better! You're a despicable being, Jason Grace!"

He quickly stood up and stormed out of the building. I tried following him, but too many people got in my way. I quickly lost the dark eyed boy. I slid down the building I was leaning against and pulled my knees up to my chest.

I blew it. He did fulfil his promise, but I more than likely chased him away.

Why do I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around Nico?

It's because he's broken.

I shook my head. He'd surely hate me if I thought of him as being broken.

But come to think of it, it's the truth. He has went through so much for being only nineteen. Of course, he is technically older than us by many years. Still, nobody should have to go through that.

A shadow loomed over me, causing me to look up. Nico softly smirked at me. He has grown a lot, a bit too much for my liking. He was still skinny, but he had some muscle. His hair and eyes became darker while his skin had continued to pale.

"Pity party for one," Nico chuckled.

I smiled up at him. "Care to join me," I invited.

He shrugged and sat next to me. I leaned my head against Nico's shoulder, making him tense. He soon relaxed. A comfortable silence had fallen, and I was enjoying every second of it.

"How are you and Piper?" Nico blurted, ruining our silence.

I shrugged and but my lip. "We aren't a thing anymore. Actually, we haven't been something for a long time. The last time I saw her was when I went to visit Percy and Annabeth."

He thought for a moment. "Is it because you had a child out of wedlock?"

I nodded. "Yeah, Calysta caused us to separate."

Nico drew patterns in the dirt and sighed. "So it wasn't my fault?"

I nodded and another sigh escaped his lips. "That's good to know," he said. "I'd hate to ruin a relationship."

I laughed at the thought. Death Boy had thought he ruined our relationship. Nico blushed and looked down. I glanced at him, his blush darkening. I gently shoved my shoulder into his. He looked up at me. I pointed to where Hazel, Frank, Kaleb, and Calysta were sitting at a table. Nico smiled. I stood up and offered him my hand. He pushed my hand away and got up on his own.

Nico sauntered over to them like he owned the place. I wish he had that confidence before, but he was always shy. Hazel smiled at Nico and gave him a hug while Frank couldn't keep a glare off of his face. Nico slightly nodded his head at Frank. Frank looked down then continued to keep an eye on the kids.

Calysta ran into my arms and giggled. "Daddy!" she squealed. "You're back."

Nico intently watched her. Calysta squirmed under his gaze.

"Hi," he said. "I'm Nico. What's your name, pretty?"

Calysta blushed. "I'm Calysta," she muttered.

I heard a high picked squeal and turned around. Piper came running to me and Calysta, a smile spread across her face.

"Calysta! Jason," she squealed. "I missed you two."

Piper leaned in towards me and gave me a passionate kiss.

_________________________

Please don't hate me. It had to happen in order for other things in the story to happen.