Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Nico

I paced the area inside of my father's throne room. My crown fell and slid over my eyes. For the third time in five minutes, I pushed it out of my sight. The damn thing was too heavy. I tried telling Hades that, but he wouldn't listen to me like usual.

Hades calmly sauntered into the room with a smug smirk on his face. He looked at me like I was a piece of Cerberus's shit on the bottom of his shoe. I rolled my eyes and glared at him.

"Nico," he greeted.

"Hades," I coldly replied.

Hades shook his head. "You should be more like your sisters."

I clenched my fists and looked at the ground. He always compared me to them.

"Maybe you should have kept them alive," I hissed.

Hades raised his hand and slapped me across my face. My head snapped to the right, tears threatening to spill. Before he could hit me again, I ran to my wing, swiftly locking him out.

I started to pace the room. I'm nineteen. He shouldn't have that power over me.

Why do I let him have that power over me?

I shook my head. Hades always treated Hazel and Bianca like they were his children, like he loved them. I'm treated like shit by everyone I know except Hazel.

Jason treats you with respect.

I frowned and shook my head. I was cursed to love him. If you could even call it love. I was hit by cupid's arrow. That is falsely induced love. It doesn't count as a true love. I looked down and clenched my fists. Why am I always given the short end of the straw? It isn't fair.

I coldly chuckled. Life isn't fair. I should know this by now. I need to stop being such a naïve brat. While pulling my pack of cigarettes out of my pockets, I ran a hand through my hair. Nobody will care if I die of cancer, but I should probably stop the habit. I heard that some of the cancers you could get is a pretty painful way to die.

I put the cigarette in between my lips and lit the end. I felt my stress slowly fade away as I took long drags of the cancer stick. It was addicting, I do admit that, but right about now, I don't care.

As I was smoking, my mind wondered off. Soon I was thinking of Jason. How has he been? Did he think that I would break my promise? I know that I will return, I'm not sure when though. Did he and Piper get married and have a child? I clenched my fists and bit the inside of my cheek. Don't think about that. He probably has beautiful children with Piper. After all when two powerful demigods have a child, it'll be beautiful and powerful.

I shook my head. Why should I care? After all, he only treated me like shit, like I was a toy of his. Why would he want me if he had Piper? It's only a damn curse that is making e love him. All I have to do is find Cupid. Then he can revoke the curse.

I smirked to myself and grabbed a few drachmas. This is easy, almost too easy. I tossed a drachma into my fountain and silently muttered that I would like to speak to Cupid. A few seconds later, Cupid's face appeared in the spray.

"What do you want?" Cupid snapped. "I have five days until Valentine's day, and you want to pester me with petty demigod issues."

I rolled my eyes. Leave it to Cupid to be so grouchy. "I need you to revoke my curse."

Cupid shook his head and smirked. "I already have. You fell in love with the boy all by yourself."

My mouth hung open in shock. That isn't possible. I can't love him. "Make me not love him, please. I'll do anything."

"I can't do anything about that. If I do it, you may not be able to love again." Cupid shrugged.

I glared at him. "I don't care. I don't want to love! Love has only done harm to me."

He rolled his eyes. "That is not my fault."

I clenched and unclenched my hands. "Please. Please do this."

"Alright," Cupid looked agitated. "I'll do it."

I slightly smiled. "Thank you."

He didn't look happy. "You'll only regret it."

I won't regret it. I won't have to deal with heartbreak again. He doesn't understand that, but I don't care. Cupid muttered under his breath, and I began to sway on my feet. I frantically looked around. My vision was starting to black out.

"What are you doing?" I yelped.

Cupid chuckled. "Stupid boy. You can die so easily without love. I will be surprised if you live through this."

I collapsed to the floor and hit my head. Everything went black.

I walked through a dark dungeon. Something wasn't right. A white wolf leaped out of the shadows, and a small girl followed it. Bianca looked from the wolf to me.

"What did you do Nico?" Her hand gently caressed my cheek.

I woke up drenched in sweat; then darkness took over my vision yet again.

I shook as Cupid outed me to Jason. Why would he do this?

I angrily glared at Cupid, but he shrugged. Jason tentatively took a step towards me. I backed up and bumped into a wall.

"You're a disgusting pic," Jason hissed at me while his fist connected with my eye.

Wait...

That isn't what happened.

I looked around the room. Shadows were everywhere.

Take me to Hazel.

I was transported to Hazel's apartment. She looked shocked at my sudden appearance. A little boy ran around the room but stopped when he noticed me.

"Help," I whimpered before the darkness took over.

Percy sauntered towards me. I backed up and looked into his eyes.

"Not your type, huh?" Percy growled.

I nodded. "Yeah. You're not my type. I can do better."

Percy leaned closer to me. "What is your type?"

I felt a soft hand caress my cheek. My eyes slowly opened. Jason was inches away from me.

"No one, Jason Grace."