3

As we got back into the car. I mimicked Nash from earlier and put my hand on top of his head. 'reading his mind' "So your dad works at the dairy fresh, you have a stay at home mom, you're an only child, and you live in a ranch house." I opened my eyes and looked at his smirk as he was driving me back to school.

"Actually, my mom's a pharmacist, dad's a lawyer, i have two brothers and one sister, and we live in a farm house." He smirked. "a farm house?" i asked. He turned his head away from the road to smile at me then looking back at the road. "yup. a great big old farm house." He smiled facing the road.

"Where?" He turned his head to me again and said, "The big old yellow one on berkley lane." He paused. I knew this place! i drive past it all the time. it has a big white front porch. "The one with the big white front porch?" I asked. He turned his head again.

"That's the one. That's where i live." he said with a straight face. He finally dropped me off at school and i was 45 minutes late for yearbook. I rushed out of the car without even saying goodbye and ran in the classroom to see a furious looking Hannah.

"Han. Im sorry im late I----" she cut me off.

"Were you with the loser?" she said referring to Nash. "He's not a loser. He's a cool guy, and I know I have Jake, Nash is just a friend, he's not even a friend. He's just my lab parter." I stated as I helped Hannah, Stacey, Rebecca, Jamie, Caitlin, Sophie, and Elizabeth glue pictures into the yearbook draft.

"whatever." hannah looked really depressed. "han what's wrong. You seem off."

"skinny envelope...duke." She looked down. "you were rejected?"

"No. Wait listed. but same thing. "No! not the same thing! Han i can help you get in!! send me a copy of your essay ill embellish it for you and we can resend it in. They'll have to except you!" I tried to cheer her up. "Ok but it won't work." She continued to glue in pictures.

"Just email it to me okay?" "okay." she said finally looking up at me.

When school finally ended Hannah sent me her essay. I switched the first two paragraphs, took out some sentences, added smoother transitions, and fixed some grammatical errors. I sent it back to her and she sent it in to Duke. This has to work.

I sat on my bed and heard my phone ring. It was jake. I answered.

phone call

Me: Hey jake

Jake: hey babygirl do you have a volleyball game tonight?

Me: uh yeah at 5:00 why?

Jake: oh i'm having a little party at my house. nothing big. just swimming and dancing and eating.

Me: okay maybe after if there's time! can i come over at 8:00?

Jake: Okay sure. Bye baby.

Me: bye.

I smiled over the phone and pressed end call. I had to be at some school for the game in 20 minutes i got changed, my mom drove me to the game. My mom insists on coming to every one of my games which is stupid because no other parents come and she can just get the score online. My team won. Thank god, I don't want my ranking to go down. My mom drove me home after the game.

I changed into a cute coral colored bikini and put jean shorts, and a white pocket tee that said 'cool kids' on the pocket and black low top converse. I drove to Jake's house and found everyone in the backyard. They were all in the pool goofing off.

There wasn't a lot of people there. The girls were just, Hannah, Jamie, Ellie, Maya, Rachel, Mira, and I. The guys were Jake, Kyle, Ben, Max, Adam, Matt, Daniel, and Casper. "Tash! Come on in!" Hannah screamed. I stripped and jake whistled. I blushed and jumped in the pool.