Chapter 5: Accepted

Chapter 5: Accepted

Charlotte's POV

"Charlotte! Charlie, wake up!" Someone said while shaking my shoulder lightly. I groaned and tried to slap the hand away. But since my eyes were still closed I missed every try causing the person to giggle.

"I want to sleep! Go away!" I grumbled, covering my head with a pillow. The person chuckled and yanked the pillow away from my grasp. I gasped and sat up.

"What on earth!" I shrieked. I looked to see who the culprit was. There standing in front of me was the one and only Macy Sake, smirking evilly. There was also an amused glint in her eye causing me to roll my eyes playfully. But of coarse she didn't see it.

"We have to eat breakfast. Then we are going shopping later." She said quickly. She left the room before I could protest or anything. I was frozen, gaping like a fish. Shopping? 

The last time I went shopping was... I gulped. I always enjoyed going shopping. But I only time I went was with my mother. Ever. I remember the last time we did. The day before she was murdered.

Flashback

"Mommy! Mommy! Can you buy this dress, please!" I pleaded, pointing to a sun dress that was absolutely gorgeous and looked great with my 5 year old body. My mother sighed and looked at the dress slyly. Then, a beautiful smile bloomed on her face and nodded.

I squealed jumping and down. This caused a bunch of people looking at us strangely and especially my mom. Why you might ask? Well, she was wearing a dark cloak. It covered half of her face. I've always asked her why she was covering her face but all she would say is, "Bad people are looking for me, Honey." 

When I noticed everyone was watching I instantly stopped and blushed violently. Most of the bystanders chuckled and others just had an annoyed look on their face. But two people in dark clothing looked at us sternly. I looked back at them strangely. Why are they staring at us?

I looked back at my mother. She had gone pale in seconds! She was staring at something or someone in fright. Then, I saw who she was staring at. The two people in the dark clothing.

"Mommy, who are those men?" I asked lightly jerking her sleeve. She snapped out of her gaze and looked at me and sighed. Then she grabbed my hand and walked me into a random store. When we got to the far corner, she crouched down to my level and grabbed both my shoulders lightly yet sternly.

"Charlie, I need you to stay here for about 5 minutes. Act like you don't know me so I can handle some....... issues. If you listen, I will buy you a lollipop on the way home, got it?" My mom commanded with a smile. I grinned widely and nodded vigorously. LOLLIPOP!

After she left I sat in the corner and waited. This place was infested with bunch of supernaturals! This was the only mall for all werewolves, angels, vampires, fairies, etc. But no humans.

Then, I heard series of screams and crashes. But then, heard a terrible noise that made me cringe. It sounded like bones breaking. I started to shiver. What is happening? 

"CHARLOTTE! CHARLOTTE! Where are you!" I heard someone shout. I turned my head to see my mom panting heavily. Her hood was off and there was a bruise forming on her cheek. I quickly ran to her and hugged her with my puny arms.

"Let's go." My mom said, leading me out of the store. As we got out I became wide eyed. Tiles were ripped out of the ground, blood was splattered everywhere, stores were messes, walls had huge holes in them, and much more. Then, my eyes moved to the horrible sight.