Chapter 11: Meet and Greet

Charlotte's POV

"TOMORROW!?" I shouted. I looked back and forth between Macy and Derek, my eyes wide. I glanced at Daniel once but he just sat there. Smirking. Stupid idiotic brother.. Once again, I looked at them, begging for an answer. 

"Yes, tomorrow." Macy answered, smiling. I gulped, feeling my hands get sweaty. I was actually meeting the pack. The Dark Shadow Pack. The strongest pack on earth (Out of 8). 

But they weren't always the strongest pack. No, the Bloody Paw Pack was. But their Alpha was the reason why they were so strong. And the Alpha was my father, John Taken. Every single wolf spoke that name in hushed voices. Some in hate and others in disgust. Sometimes, I've even heard Maria, Jeff, Casey, and Alex speak of him but instead, they spoke of him in admiration.

He was powerful, strong, and fearless. He was the perfect Alpha. Every single wolf looked up to him, including rogues. He was absolutely incredible. Everything was perfect, until the council killed him.

The Bloody Paw Pack were shocked, furious. Their Alpha failed them. But most of all, they all needed to survive on their own. The pack members were confused, not knowing what to do. Their pack began breaking apart painfully slowly. But soon, they got wiped out by hunters, ending their misery.

How did I know this since I was in a human orphanage, you may ask? Well, I was just wandering around in the woods until I heard two voices. Two voices of werewolves.

Flashback

I played with the string of my hood, happy that there was no one around to insult me. I was sitting on a log, in the woods near the orphanage. This was my secret hideout, whenever I got a chance to slip away from the horrible place.

My eyes twinkled, looking at the clear blue water of a spring. Suddenly, I heard a twig snap. My head quickly looked around. I saw no one but I did know someone was coming. I quickly hopped off the log and hid.

 Peeking from behind a tree, I saw them. The sound of laughter filled my ears. They were two men. They were two werewolves. 

"So, did you hear about the Bloody Paw Pack?" The dark haired man asked while chuckling. The other one, with the ginger hair and beard, looked back at him, chuckling as well. I looked at them in curiosity. The Bloody Paw Pack? They were my dad's pack.....

"Yeah, they got wiped out by damn hunters. But I'm kind of happy they were. Their pack's Alpha was a disgrace to our world. There for their pack is a disgrace, too." The ginger man answered. I gasped internally. They were dead.

Sure, I was never allowed to meet them but still. Packs are like families, so they were my family. My family was dead. 

I watched them leave. After they did, I walked back to the orphanage, silently. I felt completely empty. I lost my parents but I still had a family left who could actually take me in if they trusted me. But now, they were dead. I was hopeless. I had no one.

Flashback Over

"Really? B-But what if they don't like me?" I interrogated. After a couple of seconds they all laughed. I glared at them and huffed in annoyance. I was trying to ask a question and they laugh at me? When they got back to reality, Derek finally answered my question.

"Don't worry! If you just be yourself they'll love you! Trust me, our pack are extremely friendly!" Derek assured. I sighed in relief but in the inside I still felt worried. He could be lying to me and himself for all I know..