~Chapter 30~

Chapter 30

Niall’s P.O.V:

Tears formed in my eyes as I turned off my phone. I had been gone 7 days and she already manages to get herself hurt. Grabbing my coat that was draped over the couch, I kicked my feet into my shoes and felt the tears start to pour down my face.

“Niall, what happened?” Zayn called over from the couch. We had been in a heated FIFA game when I had gotten the text and call.

Sucking in a deep breath, I turned around to face the others while the game was paused, “Ashley and Talia got in an accident… She’s unconscious and has a broken leg. And apparently Talia needs expensive surgery, but the vet suggested for her to be put down. That’s all I know. Fuck!” I yelled, punching the wall.

I had a mixture of emotions running through my system right now, from hurt, to sadness, and from some reason anger.

“Mate, you can’t drive like this---“Liam began but I quickly cut him off. “THEN HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THERE?!”

He took a deep breath, “Well, if you wouldn’t have cut me off, I was going to offer to drive you. Driving while angry it’s dangerous and I don’t want to see you get hurt.” He reasoned.

“Sorry, mate. I’m just so worked up, you know? Can we leave now?” I asked him. He nodded and got up from his spot on the couch.

Before I grasped the handle I was stopped by Louis, “What did you say about Talia’s surgery?” I turned around a looked at him, cocking an eyebrow. “All I know that it is going to be expensive. But really Lou, I gotta go.”

“Wait!” he called. Sighing, I turned around again.

“What do you want now?!” I snapped, my Irish accent getting thicker, the angrier I got. “Who is the vet?”

I flicked my tongue against the bar that was behind my lower teeth, a habit that I had begun after I got my braces off. For some reason, it would always calm me down.

“Uhm, Kristin said that his name was Dr. Noah Reynolds, the university’s emergency vet. But seriously guys, I gotta go!”

He nodded as I pulled open the door and grabbed my coat off the hook. Liam followed behind me and I hurried down the multiple steps to the garage. I hopped in the passenger’s seat while he got into the drivers. Typing the address of the hospital, we were off.

~~

“Hello, I’m here for Ashley Carter.” I told the lady at the front desk. Without looking up, she typed Ashley’s name into the computer.

“Name?”

“Ashley Carter?” I asked, puzzled.

“Not Ashley, your name, sir.”

I sighed at my stupidity, “Niall Horan.”

She chuckled, “And you expect me to believe th—“She cut off as she looked up and realized that it was in fact me.

“Oh I’m sorry sir, she is in room 267, you may go on up, second floor.” She instructed. Relief flooded through my body as I exhaled the breath that I hadn’t realized I had been holding in.

“Thank you.”

Liam and I ran towards the elevator. When it finally opened, we flew out, running down multiple hallways, trying to find the right one. I slouched against the wall as Liam flew past me down another hall. Damn him being a sprinter. I took off after him, stopping when I realized that we had passed her number completely.

“Liam! Back here!” I called to him. He gave me a tight smile and ran back. Doctors and nurses gave us disappointing looks for running but never stopped us. One of the many perks of being famous.