Light the Way

The lights are getting dimmer here. Mum says soon we won't have any light at all. I don't believe her. I refuse to believe her. 

Because I know that if the lights go out, 

We will too.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ 

There's something wrong with Kiran's city. First it was Lower Sector – flickering street lights, the lighted windows going out one by one, like candles blown out by a slow, invisible breeze – and now Middle Society is starting to feel the effects of the Black Wave: the slow but steady darkness sweeping over the city.

Kiran is all too aware of the way the street lights are dimming, of the way her bedroom light takes one, two, three tries to turn on. Her sister pretends not to notice it and her mother is content with letting the Black Wave take its course, but Kiran is worried. Already, whispered stories are spreading throughout her school, like an airborne disease that tells a tale of panic, fear and death in Lower Sector.

So when she's approached by a mysterious man in black who tells her nothing but an address and a whispered, "fight for the light," her decision is an easy one. Because in Kiran's world, there are only two options: learn to live in the darkness, or fight to bring back the light.

✰  ✰  ✰  ✰

So, yeah. I made a new story. Surprise. 

This one is going to be a short story though, so each part will only be roughly a page long and I'm also going to be trying something different and writing it in the form of diary entries, so wish me luck! Basically I made this just to give me something to write in between writing my major projects at the moment (which are 'Eden' and 'Cold Tomorrow'), so it may be the only thing I update sometimes and sometimes it might not be updated at all, depending on how I feel about it. Sorry in advance xx

ANyway, what are your thoughts on this so far? I'd love to know!

Lots of love,
Shaye :)