Chapter 6: Free

"Are you going to kill me Sparrow?" Ansem spoke when he saw the boy enter the cabin with a blade between his trembling fingers. Betrayal filling Ansem's veins.

Sparrow looked at him with frightened eyes, "Capn' said to take care of you."

"What's going on?" He questioned as he shifted closer to Sparrow.

"I dun know," Sparrow's lower lip trembled, "Andrea growled at me. She never growls at me."

Ansem chuckled quietly, "No need to be sad lad, maybe she was a bit preoccupied."

"I hope so."

*****
Andrea raised her scope to her eye, the magnified image of Captain Cutter sending her back when she was captured.

"Come on Merlin, we have to be quiet or they'll see us," Andrea whispered to her close friend, a boy with elf like features, blonde hair and green eyes accentuating his slightly pointy ears.

"We shouldn't have slept here last night, we'll get caught by those pirates!" Merlin hissed as he peeked around a barrel that smelled like rum.

"We're only eleven, if they catch us I'm sure they'll grant children parlay,"Andrea murmured.

"Lookie here, stowaways," a sinister voice said when her body was suddenly pushed down, her cheek hitting the wooden boards, her eyes forced to look at the same treatment her closest friend Merlin was receiving.

"We'll get out of this," she mouthed to Merlin, whose wide green eyes and blonde hair stood out against his filthy skin.

"Do you know what happens when children like you sneak onto my ship?" the same voice said, his black boots thudding against the boards.

Andrea struggled against the man who forced her into kneeling  position, her eyes staring daggers on the man before her. He was tall, with a graying beard coating his face and blending with his dark hair.

"We request parlay," Andrea croaked.

"Parlay?" Cutter laughed and crouched before her, "Little girl, I don't do parlay," he growled and pulled out a diamond encrusted blade from his coat, "But I'll show you parlay."

Using the blade he swiftly sunk it into Merlin's neck. Andrea's heart froze as she saw Merlin's eyes grow wide with realization. Cutter pulled the blade from his neck, a fountain of blood pouring from the wound.

"Merlin!" Andrea cried, as she pushed herself away from the man and kneeled beside Merlin, her fingers attempting to stop the wound, "No, no, no... Please stay with me Merlin," she whimpered.

His green eyes grew glassy, "A-and-rea," Merlin gurgled before his chest exhaled his last breath.

Andrea saw red, and grabbed the nearest knife which happened to be the blade that killed her friend. A diamond encrusted weapon, the blade sharp. With roar she cut of the pirate captain's hand before running and jumping overboard, the knife in hand.

Andrea swallowed and shook her head of the painful memory.

"So today is the day," she murmured.

The words had barely left her lips when the first cannon from Captain Cutter's ship fired.

Andrea turned, "Ready those cannons!" she yelled, her crew members scrambling towards the thirty cannons on her ship.

"Fire!" she cried, like the siren of the sea luring men towards their deaths.

*****

Sparrow trembled as he held his captain's blade in his hands.

"You're frightened. Why?" Ansem said from his spot in the glass tank.

His lips parted to speak but a sudden explosion frightened Sparrow to the core.

Free Ansem, Andrea's voice echoed through his mind.

"Ansem, can you get of the tank?" Sparrow questioned.

The man's brows furrowed, "I can but I would cause great damage to myself if I'm not in the water soon."

Sparrow nodded and did what he only thought was the only way. With the hilt of the blade in his hand, he smashed it against the window of Andrea's cabin, the glass shattering.

"Go," Sparrow whispered.

Ansem's chest rose and fell rapidly, "No, I won't go. Andrea is my mate and I won't go without her."

Sparrow's lip trembled, "You have to sir, the ship is under attack by another ship. You have to go before they find you here."

"I said I won't go," Ansem said, "You can't make me."

"Yes I can," Sparrow cried, tears spilling down his cheeks as his lips parted open in a hypnotic song.

Within a few seconds Ansem had crawled out of the glass prison and slithered his way out the window, leaving Sparrow behind watching the splash of Ansem's tail.