Chapter 8: A Love Never Forgotten

The bullet had torn clean straight through her chest, the blood staining her white shirt.

Sparrow stood in front of his captain, tears streaking down his cheeks, leaving white trails down his filthy features.

A solemn feeling drifting across the broken ship. The battle had long finished when Cutter's ship had sunk to the depths, leaving nothing behind. Cutter's body laid in on the deck, his eyes wide open, with a gaping hole on his forehead.

Cutter's death had been mercifully swift while Andrea's body slowly died. Lord Death taking his time on claiming her kindred soul.

Every crew member, held their helds low a she spoke, "Sweethearts," she murmured, "It seems my life has ended here, i beg of you to continue sailing the high seas," she coughed, drops of blood slipping through her lips. Sparrow rubbed away the tears from his eyes, along with several crew members. One-Eye even pulled out a white cloth from his shirt a rubbed his only blue eye.

"Sparrow," Andrea said, motioning him foreword removing her pirate hat from her head, "I name ye Captain Sparrow," she spoke, placing the hat in his shaking hands.

"But Captain!" he began to say.

"Mark well my words," Captain Andrea said, "Take care of the crew. My ship at least what's left of it, " she said sternly, her breaths coming in deep and shallow.

Sparrow sniffed and knelt beside her, cradling her head in his lap, "Please Captain... Please stay."

"I'm sorry my little Sparrow," she whispered softly, "Can I ask something from you lad?"

He nodded, his fingers combing through her dark hair.

"Sing for me," she croaked.

Sparrow inhaled a deep breath, as his lips parted to sing for the last time at the request of his captain.

Run away with me

Lost souls and reverie

Running wild and running free 

Two kids, you and me...

Long live the pioneers

Rebels and mutineers 

Go forth and have no fear

Come close the end is near...

It's our time to make a move

It's our time to make amends 

It's our time to break the rules

Let's begin...

Living like we're Renegades...

Her eyes had closed shut, her breaths barely passing her lips. The last lyrics of his song was carried by the gentle wind when a splash was heard. Every crew member raised their gun or sword at the sudden sound.

Glistening in the sun with his blue tail was an all too familiar creature.

The crew cocked their guns, but Sparrow raised his hand and spoke in a commanding tone, "Stop."

They blinked lowering their guns.

"Sparrow," Ansem said, resting his webbed hand on her wound, "I can save her."

"How?" he murmured, clutching Andrea's head closer to him.

"Andrea is my mate, no longer will she live as a human but as one of my kind," Ansem said, shifting closer to Andrea's unconscious form.

He can save her, he thought.

With a slight nod of his head, "Make her happy."

He pressed a soft kiss on Andrea's forehead, "Goodbye Andrea," he whispered. Ansem carefully took her body into his arms, placing a tender kiss on her lips.

"Goodbye Sparrow," he spoke before diving into the seas.

"Goodbye Ansem," he said out loud, the wind carrying his farewell as he placed the captain's hat on his head and turned to the crew.

"Raise the sails! Let's get this ship fixed," the thirteen year old captain cried.

A/N: the sond is Renegades by X Ambassadors.