Part One: Sandy

When I was a little girl, my dad always told me legends about mermaids, mermen, and sea witches. I never really believed them; not until that day. July 2nd. That was the day I met Andy, my first love. Oddly enough, my first love was a merman. I was seventeen years old, and I had taken the boat out for a morning fishing trip. My parents were gone for the weekend, so I had the boat to myself. I had just stuck my pole into the water, when I got a bite! I began pulling, but I couldn't seem to reel in the fish; it was too strong. I kept pulling, and I was at the very edge of the boat. Suddenly, I was pulled off the railing, and flung head first into the water. I let go of the pole. A storm was coming, so the current was strong. I tried to swim back, but I was being pulled the opposite direction. Waves kept toppling over my head, and I began sinking.

  "I'm going to die," I thought. Then, someone grabbed me, and pulled me back to the surface. Suddenly, I was back on my boat. I began coughing and gasping for air. Then, I looked over, and a handsome boy wearing my dad's extra swim trunks that he keeps on the boat, was standing over me.

  "Umm......are you alright?" He asked.

  "I'm fine," I answered, and I began coughing again.

  "Ok, well I'm going to take you home now. You shouldn't be out during a storm, you know," he said, and he started the boat.

  I was going to defend myself, but I was too weak. I just lied there, and waited for him to take me home.