You've Got Heart Kid

You and Dean are sitting against a table, turned on its side against a door with a big, red devils trap on it. This was going to be the biggest fight in your lifetime, and here you were, only 15 and fighting it already. Even Dean looked worried, you could see it in his eyes.

     To calm yourself a little you thought about the brothers, how they took you in as a little sister after the vamps had killed your parents and your little sister and how they cared for you. But most of all,  you thought about the life they brought you into. Both had been hesitant, at first, when you wanted to learn to shoot and how to draw a devils trap. You could tell Sammy was NOT happy about it, but sooner or later, you had saved their butts a couple times each and you had become a pretty decent hunter. Every once and a while, Sam would look at you with those apologetic hazel eyes of his after a fight where you had gotten hurt. But you would be smiling, for them. You didn't regret the choices you had made with the Winchesters. You just wish you got the chance to tell them that.

     Dean looks over at you as you scoot closer to him and grab his hand and bury your face in his shoulder. You aren't crying, you are just thinking about how much you love this man and how you would give him the biggest hug ever when this was over.

     "You should leave.", he says. Almost sighing the words out of his mouth. You can tell that he wants to say sorry for bringing you here. That's when you realize ... he doesn't think you guys will make it out of this one.

     "No."

     "Y/N. I ..."

     "No, Dean. I'm not leaving you, not on this one. Ok?", you interrupt him and give him a glare. How could he be telling you this?

     "I don't think you realize how dangerous this one is. I don't know that we're gonna make it out this time".

     "I don't care. I love you and I am certainly not leaving you to fight all these bitches by yourself. I may not help much but I can try and you go down, I'm going down with you! Ok? So shut up 'cause its not going to work. I'm staying here until this is over.", your breath is shaky now because you are in the verge of tears but he just drops his gun and brings his other arm around to hug you. And it is the most sincere hug you have felt in a long time. As you took in another short and shaky breath, you inhaled him. That smell that was so distinctly "Dean" filled your nose.

     "I love you, too.", he whispered.

     You then realized that you hadn't said "I love you" to either of the brothers but it had come to you so naturally that you just smiled into Dean's shoulder, and he hugged you a little tighter. Then, the lights started flickering and going out and the walls started shaking.

     "They're here.", he grumbled. He let go of you and got into a crouching position, you did the same. He looked at you, for the first time with those apologetic eyes that you knew from Sam all too well. But suddenly ... a bullet grazes his shoulder and he goes down.

     "Dean!"

     You rush over to him and crouch down in front of him, shooting at anything that comes near. Your heart is beating out of your chest. How could you possibly gank all these guys on your own? But then, your favorite angel appears and puts his fingertips on yours and Dean's heads and you are suddenly back at your hotel. You get up and give Cas a big hug. He is stiff, at first, like he doesn't know what to do but then he wraps his arms around you and softens into the hug.

    "What the hell took you so long!", Dean says accusingly.

     "Well ... I ... uh ..."

    "Dean! Don't yell at him. This isn't his fault.", you say.

     With a sigh from Dean, "I know. I'm sorry Cas."

     "Its quite alright Dean. I have been busy in heaven, but I came as soon as I saw that you were in trouble. I assure you.", Cas says.

     "Oh shit! Your shoulder. Let me go get the first aid kit and ..."

     "Y/N, calm down. Its just a flesh wound.", he half giggles this out of his mouth.

     "Ok. But I'm still going for the kit. I'll be right back."

     When you get back from the bathroom, with the first aid kit, Cas is gone and Dean is laying on the bed with his shirt off.  You go sit next to him and he sits up as well and just stares into your eyes as you bandage up the shoulder and give it a kiss. You smile and he smiles too. You sit there for a couple minutes, silently, until ...

     "Why did you stay?", he asks like he genuinely doesn't know.

     You sigh and you know what you are going to say.

     "Because I'm selfish."

     He gives you a curious look because he doesn't understand. You keep going.

     "I couldn't live without you so if you had died ... I would hope that I would have died too.", you have tears in your eyes again and he pulls you in for another hug.

     "That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.", he whispers in your ear.

     "I know but that doesn't make it not true."

     "Y/N, you could make it without me, I saw how you took out those demons for me."

     "What makes you think I would want to?"

    "Sam was right, we shouldn't have brought you into this life."

     "Dean, I know that this is no life. Its a curse. But I would rather live this life with you guys than be in a normal foster home. Because whether i was in the life or not, thise vamps would have still killed my family."

    "How do you handle it so well? You are so mature about it."

    "I would give my life for either one of you guys,  and you would do the same. I understand that. And that's all I need to know. You are here for me, I'm here for you."

    "Well, I'm gonna go take a shower then you can take one, ok?"

    "Ok." You watch him head into the bathroom and wonder how Sammy's doing with his case. He had headed out for Utah for a supposed werewolf but they were skeptical about it.

    A few minutes go by when there is a knock at the door. You slowly get up, gun in hand, and walk towards the door. You grab the handle and turn it but then, Dean comes running in in only a towel, gun in hand, and shoots through the door. You hear a hard thump outside and open the door. Before Dean sees who it is your knees give out and you are on the ground in awe ... as a lifeless Sammy lays on the ground infront of your hotel room. Dean comes to the door and just stares. He's in shock.

     "Come on, Dean. Help me get him on the bed."

     As you lay Sam out on the bed, Dean still hasn't said a word. You go over to him and hug him, but this time it isn't an 'I love you' hug, its a 'oh my gosh, he's dead' hug. And it sucks. You leave the hug and start packing your things while Dean just stands there watching.

     "Where are you going?"

     "None of your business just wait for me here. I'm taking a bus. I will be back in three days tops. Ok? Don't follow me."

      "Be careful." With that, you give him one last hug and a kiss on the cheek. You go over to Sam and kiss him on the forehead. "I'll be back" you whisper so Dean can't hear.  You grab some money and leave.