o n e | m a r g o

"Margarita Esperanza Jiminez!" Margo's mother called. "Hurry up, mijo, your enchiladas are getting cold!"

If there was one word to summarise Ophelia Jiminez, it would be Spanish. This woman adored the country she came from, and continued pretending like she were living there, despite the fact that her house was in downtown Manhattan.

"Mom." Margarita-or Margo, as she preferred to be called-replied. "I told you, it's Margo. And nobody has enchiladas for breakfast. Can I just have cereal?"

"Margo," Her mother sighed, running one hand trough her hair. "Fine. Go make yourself some cereal. I have some news, anyway."

Margo looked up from pouring her cereal. "News?"

"Yes," She continued. "Your Tía Marina is coming to visit, mijo."

Margo groaned. "Mama, why does she have to come?"

She frowned. "Because, Margo, she is your Tía, and honestly the only woman capable of making you a good señorita."

Margo groaned. "Whatever. I have to go now, Jase is probably waiting."

"Wait, mijo, bring him some enchiladas!"

---

"Finally!" Jason cried as she entered his Fiat. "Did her Highness Princess Jiminez have a good breakfast?"

Margo rolled her eyes. "Shut up, Jase. We're gonna be late for school."

"Fine," He muttered, before cranking up the radio to ease the tension.

They sat in silence for a while before Jason asked, "So. What's bothering you?"

Margo sighed. "Tía Marina is coming to visit."

Jason groaned. "What does old Marinara Sauce want from you?"

Margo crossed her arms and turned down. The radio. "Mom says that she's 'the only woman capable of making me a good señorita'. Quote, unquote."

Jason grimaced. "Yeesh, Mama. Well, you're welcome to run away to my house at any time, Mar."

Margo smiled weakly. "Thanks. So how did your date with Tristan go?"

It was a known fact that Jason McAdams was gay and extremely proud of it. Extremely.

"Not so good. Turns out he's for the v and not the d." He replied gloomily. Margo frowned.

"Wait, so he found out during the date?" Jason nodded. "Woah. Sorry, man."

He shrugged. "It's cool. I've bagged me another date, anyway. And this time I know he's gay 'cause he went out with Blake Wellington."

Margo looked across at her best friend. "And the oh-so-lucky guy is...?"

Jason beamed. "Mack Worthington."

Margo almost choked on her spit. "Mack is gay?"

He nodded, proud. "Totally. Tonight is going to be amazing."

They continued talking until Jason drove up to the front gates of East Marines High. "Well, I got English with Friedman next. What you got?" Jason sighed.

"Calc with Miss Rubin. I hope she trips over her flabs and dies on the way to class." Margo spat. Jason laughed.

"Easy there, cowboy. How ever will the paramedics lift her up onto the stretcher?" He asked quizzically, his eyebrow raised. Margo laughed at his idiocy.

"I gotta go. Bell's gonna ring in-" the bell rang, exactly then. "Now. Thanks for the ride, McAdams."

Jason smiled. "Anytime, Jiminez."

----

"...And that's all for today. Don't forget your homework, class! And Edward Simmons! Stay behind!" Miss Rubin snarled. Kayla, another one of Margo's friends, walked up to her.

"I bet she keeps him in 'cause she wants to do him." She whispered in Margo's ear, making her grin.

"Yeah, but he can't find where to put the d under all the flab." She whispered back, making Kayla giggle.

"Can I sit with you and Jase again?" She asked, in her normal voice. Margo nodded.

"Why, are you and Dave on the quits again?" She asked. Dave was Kayla's on and off boyfriend.

Kayla sighed. "Yeah. I caught him and Hayley George in the janitor's."

Margo rolled her eyes as they walked into the cafeteria. "Just leave him, Kay. He's not worth your time."

Kayla clicked her tongue. "I dunno. We'll see. Jase!" She yelled, trying to catch the brown haired boy's attention.

"Why, hello Maxwell." He nodded to Margo. "Jiminez. Allow me to introduce to you the wonderful Mack Joseph Worthington." He beamed, pointing to the black haired kid beside him.

" 'Sup." Mack smiled at them. Kayla smiled back. Margo frowned.

"So," she started, unwrapping the cold enchiladas her mother had packed for her. "Mack. You gonna screw Jase and leave?"

Jason started choking on his microwave pizza. "Margo!"

Mack placed a hand on his shoulder. "Calm down, babe, it's fine." Then he turned to Margo. "Nah, I'll screw 'im twice and then I'll leave."

Margo smiled. "Cute and a good sense of humour. I approve!"

She loved her life and wouldn't change it for anything. Even if it is normal and rarely miracle stricken. That is, until her life was turned upside down.

----

hELLO PEOPLES IT IS I, SHEI AND I ASSURE YOU I AM NOT DEAD.

anyway this is the first chap sorry it sucks :(