Chapter 10

Nico dreamt about his sister for the first time in a long time.

He was in tartarus, his sister was there smiling at him, telling him to be brave. Percy was there too, farther away and Will beside him, they seemed to be waiting.

A metal giant was walking towards them but Nico could only see its feet. Bianca ran under the foot and Nico could hear himself shout her name. Percy walked towards him and Will followed.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't keep your promise. Bianca is dead" he said. His words seemed to echo and Nico backed away, he looked at Will but Will didn't seem to notice him, he was looking at something behind Nico. Nico turned around and saw his father, shaking his head. Hazel was behind the God of the underworld, her eyes big and staring.

Nico turned and ran. Will was suddenly far away and Nico kept running towards him. When he was close Will fell on his knees, his orange shirt was in tatters and he seemed hurt.

"I'm sorry" he said before falling to the side. His blue eyes were empty and distant.

________________________________

Nico woke up sweaty. He looked around, he was alone in the room. Ivy and Will were probably already awake.

He stood up and walked through the red blanket covering the door. Before anyone could see him he hurried into the bathroom and took a quick shower. When he walked out of the bathroom, the kitchen/living room smelled of pancakes and beacon.

Nico walked into the kitchen and saw Ivy, Will and Ragnar sit by the table. Nico grabbed a plate and sat down beside Ivy. He put some beacon on his plate and one pancake.

"this is definitely the nicest quest I've been on" Nico muttered. He wasn't used to getting pancakes and beacon and get to actually sleep in a bed when he was on quest. He didn't mind sleeping outside and eating whatever their money could buy.

"we must get going. Wherever we are going" Ivy said and put her plate in the sink. Will and Nico did the same and waved at Ragnar.

"it was nice to meet you" Will said as they all grabbed their shoes.

"and thanks for the ride" Nico said. They waved at Ragnar and walked through the woods.

"where are we going anyway?" Nico asked Will.

"Hecla" he said "it's a volcano. The volcano that is active now. It's actually Icelands most known and most active volcano"

They had been walking in silence for a while. Nico hurried to catch up to Ivy who was in front of him and Will.

"hey" he said "i feel like we haven't talked a lot and since we're on a quest together-" nico didn't get to finish because suddenly Will shrieked. Both Ivy and Nico turned around but Will was nowhere to be seen.

"Will?" Nico called but when Will didn't answer Nico started to panic "Will?! Will! Where are you?"

"I hurt my leg" he heard Will groan. It was like he was in front of them.

"Will?" nico asked as he took three steps forward. He looked down. Will sat in a puddle at the bottom of a huge hole.

"Will?" Nico asked again. Will just smiled and waved with the hand that was not clutching his leg. It was far down and Nico guessed Will was lucky to have just hurt his leg.

Ivy came and looked down too. She looked determined and a little angry. "we'll get you up, Will" she called.

"where are we going to get robes?" Nico asked.

"take off your clothes" Ivy said. Nico knew this was a great moment to make some joke but before he could think of one Ivy took of her jacket and shirt. Nico turned around quickly cowering his eyes.

"uh.. Okay" he said and took of his own jacket and shirt. He felt awkward, he was in the middle of some wood in Iceland wearing nothing but pants and underwear. He handed Ivy his clothes without looking at her.

"oh come on, just turn around and help me" Ivy said annoyed. Nico turned. Ivy raised her eyebrows, she was tying his shirt to her jacket. She was skinnier than he thought and more tanned.

"where are you originally from?" he asked her as he took his jacket and her shirt and tied them together. Then Ivy took it and tied it to his shirt and her jacket.

They both looked down at Will who was leaning against the muddy wall and seemed to be counting his nails.

Ivy threw their handmade robe down but it wasn't long enough. Will tried to jump but he couldn't get a good grip.

Ivy looked at nico. Then down at his pants.

"take them off" she said. Nico shook his head.

"no way. I'm already shivering from the cold" he said. Ivy glared at him.

"should we just leave Will here then? I'm not taking off my pants, for obvious reasons" she said.

"Why just because you're a girl? Don't you think you're kind of betraying your gender by saying that?" Nico asked annoyed. Will seemed to be really interested in this fight and Nico wondered if he could throw something at him.

"no, because of my choice of underwear. Now take them off before I cut them off. Don't think I won't" she warned. Nico groaned and took off his pants.

He shivered. Ivy took his pants and tied them to the 'rope' then threw it down to Will and he climbed up.

Will looked at Nico and smirked. Nico glared at him but before he could day anything Will kissed him. When they broke apart Nico smiled.

"Will, I'm not wearing anything!" Nico said, Ivy just rolled her eyes and threw Nico's clothes at him. Nico put his clothes on quickly and they kept going, Will was limping.

"Will, do you want nectar or something? You seem hurt" Nico said.

"I just have a contusion but that causes pain and usually discoloration in your patella. I think it's swollen because the bursa is bruised" Will said. Nico stared at him.

"are you okay?!" he asked as he took a bottle of nectar out of his pocket.

"it's just a bruise, I'll be fine"