Chapter 11

They had been walking for hours and nothing had happened, no monster, nothing. Nico knew they were all waiting for something to happen, even Will had stopped complaining about his bruised knee.

"I don't think anythings going to happen" Ivy said. Both Will and Nico looked at her alarmed and as if on que someone called out Nico's name.

It didn't sound like a monster, it sounded like.. Bianca calling for help.

Nico looked around and had this feeling of uncertainty. He wasn't sure if he was dreaming or not. He looked at Will who looked back at him confused.

Nico looked around, trying to spot her. If this was a dream she was close. Maybe they were still at Ragnars. Maybe he had been dreaming in a dream.

He raced towards Bianca's voice. Maybe this wasn't a bad dream, maybe he'd just meet his sister and everything would be okay until he woke up.

Will called his name and he could hear both him and Ivy run after him.

"Nico stop! We don't know what it is" Will said. Nico looked back with a smile.

"it's her Will, it's my sister" he explained. Will seemed to panic.

"Nico your sister is dead" Will stopped so Nico stopped too, but he couldn't stand still. He had to get to his sister.

"I know Will but this is just a dream, I get to be with her for a couple of hours. You wouldn't ruin that for me would you?" he asked and was about to turn around but Ivy grabbed his hand.

"what are you talking about Nico? This isn't a dream. This is real" she said. She held up her hands "count my fingers, in dreams people always have more than ten fingers"

Nico counted. 1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. 5.. 6.. 7.. 8.. 10

Ten fingers. He shook his head."it's her I'm sure of it. This can't be real. She- she died"

Ivy looked at him sadly "you're not dreaming Nico. I think it's a Cyclops trying to lure you to him. It's not your sister, you're awake. Something is just happening to you"

He shook his head. It was a dream. When he looked around nothing felt real, it looked real but it didn't feel real.

"Nico, you can't go after her. It's not Bianca, it's not your sister" Ivy said.

Nico looked at Will who just looked worried. Will shook his head.

"this is real" he said and looked down. Nico couldn't believe it. He was good with dreams, he always knew when he was dreaming.

"I-" Nico didn't know what to say "I don't understand"

He felt so confused but he couldn't think about it for long because both Ivy and Will had reached for their weapons.

Nico grabbed his sword and turned around. Ivy had been right, it was a cyclops. How could he be so stupid? Nico knew everything about dreams, he should've known.

A/N: it's been a while since I wrote this chapter and it's really short bc if I start writing this again I want to write a new chapter and just kind of start over, add more characters, change the plot and ending a bit.