CHAPTER VI

CHAPTER VI

"You couldn't- You couldn't wait for five minutes?! I told you to stay, just stay!" Hearing your brother quietly shouting at the Autobots is something you thought you wouldn't see. However, as Bumblebee stated before, time is short. "Hey, come with me, yeah?" You tap Bumblebee's palm, causing the Autobot to glance over to you. His expression gave a confused one.
     "Come-?" He repeats and you nod, carefully hopping off of his grip. "Find the glasses. You'll be able to scan them on sight with your hologram, right?" Bumblebee gives off a whir of agreement, finally following along before his hologram appears beside you. "Come on-!" Rushing over across your backyard, the shouting of Sam continues on and quickly you stop by the door.

"Look, my parents aren't gonna recognize you from my school. Just say you're from out of town and that I meant you the day I went to the park. Okay?" You instruct, opening the door in which your parents are in the living room. "I'll distract them while you check Sam's room.." Whispering and that's when your parents notice your presence. Your dad and mom glance at one another, taking notice of Bumblebee's figure.
     "Who's this?"
     "I'm from out of town and I meant (Y/N), the day, (Y/N) went to the park," Bumblebee informs rather quickly, and you couldn't help but want to facepalm right then and there. "Well, that's very- interesting of you to say." Your mother adds with a dry laugh. Bumblebee smiles at the two, glancing at you with a thumbs up.
     "Hey, he's gonna pick up something from Sam's room. Is it cool if we get... the thing." Lightly pushing Bumblebee towards the stairs, but your father stands in front of you two. gesturing him to take a seat on the couch.
     "No young lady, he's staying in here with us. No reason for you two to head upstairs alone now, is there?" He gestures to Bumblebee to take a seat on the couch and he does so. Before you can say anything, you stop yourself and head to Sam's room on your own.

     "I don't think we've meant. What's your name?"
     "My name?" Bumblebee repeats, pausing for a moment before nodding. "Dave Junior!"
".. Dave? Junior?" Your father and mother share a glance once again. "My brother has that name." Your mother expresses with a giggle, sitting her glass of wine down.
     "So what's your relationship with my daughter?"
     "Ronald!"
     "I'm only asking, Judy! Gosh, can't a father not know their kid's relationship." Bumblebee only stares at the two, his eyes scanning them before tilting his head.

     "Is (Y/N) adopted?"
     Ronald only chokes on the glass of wine he was drinking and Judy does not give much of a reaction.
     "Is it obvious?" She whispers and Bumblebee hums for a moment. "Very much so, yes."
     "Well ain't this guy a real charmer.." Ronald mutters, the hologram only gasps. "Oh, my apologies! I didn't mean to come off as rude, it just... it's intriguing!" Your parents once again share a glance at one another. Without pressing the subject further, Judy only sits up from the couch.

     "So, what are your thoughts on (Y/N), so far?" She smiles softly at the hologram. Bumblebee only stays silent, hesitating an answer.

1

"What do you mean the glasses are gone?!"
Yelling at your brother in which Sam only shrugs his shoulders in defeat. "Well the glasses were in the bag- they were in my backpack but now the backpack isn't here!"
"Well they're gonna be pissed, so what do you want to do?" Mikaela chimes in and Sam spins around his room, trying to come up with a plan. "We checked this entire room, Sam. Are you sure you left your bag in here? H-How about in the living room?" You question further and Sam motions his hand towards his bed. "I left it on here!" "Not.." Mumbling to yourself before glancing over to his window, noticing the bright-colored vehicle parked in your backyard.
"What are they doing?!" Sam cries out only to earn a hand over his mouth by you. "Stop being so loud! Our parents are gonna come up here if you keep shouting!" Quietly whispering to him.