Chapter Thirty ~ Sliver

~Chapter Thirty~

Clink. Clink. Clink.

The a freeze cold wind pierced through the thick clothing the two women had on as they followed Winter up the steep mountain slope. They were wary for the girl had finally agreed to show them Arashi Peak, and had done so with a sickening grin on her face. Her shackles rattled as she walked, the chakra sucking metal making it nearly impossible for her to escape... nearly.

However just like she had feared, and like she had told Sakura, she'd turned into a monster. And she was afraid that there was no going back. The ground was covered in frost that glinted in the sunlight that filtered through the gray clouds surrounding the higher parts of the mountain. It was a dreary looking place, a befitting scene for the event about to take place.

They had left at dawn, traveling non stop for several hours as Winter staggered up the landscape. The air was so thick with electricity that the three could taste it, the feeling making Winter smirk softly.

As the trio continued their journey another trio stopped at the base of the mountain, hearts heavy and minds full of uncertainty of what was to come.

***

The darkness started to set in as they walked into a forest the two had never heard about filled to the brim with black, gnarled trees and dead leaves. For a split second it felt as though they were traveling downwards though they were soon too lost to really care.

"Right this way." Winter said, eerily calm with a dangerous look hidden in her eyes. They stepped onto a rotten path the two stiffening and feeling their nerves on edge. Whispers and red eyes seemed to follow their every move as they walked, Winter whistling a jolly tune with a happy skip in her step.

"This isn't the right place." Hakuei hisses angrily, fright making her face contort hideously. "Of course it is... didn't I tell you two?" Winter turned around her smile dropping and her face turning dead serious as black mist rises up. "I was going to let you burn in hell."

Misaki takes a step back, her eyes wide with fright. "There's no way you can take us to hell..." She laughs, "Ah but shouldn't you have done your history? THis is the seventh mountain, the gate leading to both heaven and hell even if you don't believe in it. I just decide to give you two a short cut, so feel special."

Hakuei takes out her spear pointing it at Winter, electricity building on the tip. "Take us back now." Winter laughs, "Go on... I dare you." Hakuei's face turns white with anger and her hand shakes before she fires the bolt of electricity at the girl.

She doesn't even try to dodge it, instead opening her arms as if embracing it as the two Rin realize their fatal mistake. Never give an Ookami their element... and that's what they just did. Winter laughs as the lightning buzzes throughout her veins, the shackles creaking and shaking before shattering.

Winter was finally free... and she was pissed.

***

Sakura Haruno had experienced many unusual things in the last week or so, but waking up with the white feather behind her ear and seeing a slightly worried face of a black haired Genin definitely made it to the top three. "Sasuke... kun?" He looks down at the pinkette a sheepish look flashing across his face.

"Sorry." He mumbles extending a hand to help her up which the girl gladly takes. She stumbles a few steps, her muscles sore. Looking down she realized that her clothes were still torn and that blood was splattered on her porcelain skin. She had faint bruises but her cuts and wounds were healed just as her brother had promised.

"We need to go." He says gruffly pressing something cold into her hands. She looks down and her eyes widen in realization as she lifts up her Leaf Hi-Ate. She quickly ties it like a headband and nods her head, her face set. The two young ninja run through the base, searching for any clues as to where Winter could've gone as well as Misaki and Hakuei.

Sakura's eyes widen as she steps outside, a hand lifting up to shield her eyes as a sharp wind whips past her. "Sasuke!" The black haired boy dashes out and looks where she points, up towards the top of the mountain where pure black clouds were forming. White lightning flickers in the mass and the two glup feeling overwhelmed by the sheer power of the storm.

"This mountain is known for generating storms, but this is just crazy." She whispers as the first drop of rain starts to fall. "Wherever the lightning hits is where she'll be." He murmurs, narrowed onyx eyes scanning the mountain top carefully.

Pure, raw energy raced along the clouds gathering in spots before cackling loudly. The air was thick and heavy, and despite the cold wind the air appeared to grow warmer. At the first loud boom of thunder a blinding force of nature struck down on the tall rock, the combined forces of mother nature and a furious shinobi scaring the living shit out of everyone.

***

This flash of white, the cry of the storm it resonated throughout the lands echoing to the distant Leaf Village. It made two ninjas battling their thoughts become free of what held them from doing what was right. It broke through the iron walls of a room deep underground where a figure sat behind a wooden desk, fingers intertwined and underneath their chin. It was when the figure for the first time in five years opened their eyes.

A shining silver against the ink of dark.