Sword

This will be a series of short stories where Merlin gets tires of pretending.

...............................................................................................................................................

It started as just one of those days. Merlin woke to being shoved out of bed by Gaius, told he was late. Merlin ran out the door, Arthur had training practice this morning.

Then Merlin dropped Arthur's breakfast twice, so he had to go back to get another.

Finally Merlin got to Arthur's chambers in one piece.

Merlin proceeded to drop the tray of food with an echoing clang.

Arthur jumped so badly he fell out of bed, so his mood instantly fouled.

Arthur immediately yelled at Merlin and threw a goblet at him, who didn't duck in time. Arthur loaded him with more chores to do, on top of the extra chores he has to do for Gauis.

Merlin was just having a bad day, he'd had enough.

Now in present time, Arthur was using him as a dummy in training. They were working on swords today.

Merlin had bruises everywhere, he just finished sparing Elyan and its Arthur's turn now.

Merlin lowers his sword, wary and tired. Arthur grins at him and takes a stance.

He swings, not holding back his force. Merlin winces and Arthur teases him instantly, "awww is Merlin hurt? I have to admit, you're getting better. Last year you wouldn't have lasted anything after your second knight. Left."

Merlin blocks weakly, "left."

"Left, right, legs, head." Each word is accented by a swing in the said direction, Merlin blocks.

"Head."

Arthur nods, "ok now we are actually going to spar."

Merlin rolls his eyes and takes his bad stance.

5 seconds and Arthur knocks him on his butt.

Merlin stands, "enough. I so sick of pretending." Merlin's eyes flash with irritation.

Arthur raises his eyebrows in confusion but doesn't have time to ask before Merlin swings his sword.

Arthur blocks it barely and retaliates, expecting the same result as before but Merlin easily parries it.

Arthur uses more complex maneuvers, all of with are thwarted by Merlin.

Merlin leaps forward in an opening and locks their hilts together before twisting and Arthur's sword goes flying. Merlin's sword continues and the point settles on the hallow of Arthur's throat. They both freeze, breathing heavily.

Merlin lowers his sword but Arthur remains frozen.

Finally he speaks, "what... The... Hell was that?"

Merlin grins, his dimples flashing, "Arthur I've been training with you for years, and I've went with you into all your battles. You've been giving me private lessons for how many years? I'm a fast learner, and I pick up quite a few tricks from your knights since you insist on making me fight them almost everyday."

Arthur looks at Merlin in shock and in the background Gwaine cracks up laughing and is rolling on the ground in a few short moment.

Arthur's face slowly forms a grin before he to is over come by laughter, "Merlin, you never cease to surprise me."

Merlin rolls his eyes, their all idiots...

..............................................................................................................

I feel like this is terrible. I promise they will get better as they go