Trio Trouble

"He called you what?" Ron shouts, mouth ajar as he leaned across the table to hear you better.

"Ron, it's a library." You hush, looking around at the surrounding students and smiling apologetically at a few of them.

"I shouldn't have you left you alone with him...." Hermione whispered, shaking her head as she stared down at History of Magic textbook and fiddled with her hands.

"Hermione." You call, gently resting your hand on her shoulder until she lifts her head to the side to look at you. "You have nothing to regret." You affirm, as you look her in the eye, making sure she understands that you're serious. "None of you do. Really, guys, it wasn't that bad. He lectured me for a bit, but by the end he sort of...changed." You explain, a smile pulling at the corners of your mouth as you remember the way Draco spoke about amortentia. Quickly, you turn your gaze to your textbook and pretend to read a passage so your friends won't guess the source of your smile.

"Wait. You aren't seriously considering meeting him, are you?" Harry asks with the same contempt in his voice as Draco had when you mentioned Hermione. No matter how long you read your History of Magic textbook, you doubt you could find out whether Harry or Draco was the first to use that tone.

"Of course not." You respond too quickly, forcing a laugh as you shake your head. "I'll just...." You pause to think of an excuse, but use your hesitation to look for a quill so you don't look so suspicious. "...Skip supper, whip up an amortentia, and leave it where we're supposed to meet with a note saying I don't need his help."

The trio relaxes at your response and they soon turn back to studying without noticing you're fiddling with your hands again. You know better than to show up in the dining hall this evening, choosing your friends' enemy over what they think is right. Would it be so wrong to let Draco tutor me? Something about standing him up—whether or not he insulted you—makes you fidget. Unable to concentrate on studying, you gather your belongings and head for the exit.

"Sorry. Figure I'd get an early start on potion making. Get Fred and George to sneak me a snack." You add, calling on the only two wizards in all of Hogwarts who wouldn't get caught for stealing. "See you." You call over your shoulder with a smile, hoping to calm your friends even though you're the one who needs to be soothed. Nearly tripping over your own feet as your rush to dungeons, you shake your head at your own actions. Why can't I just hate Draco too?

"...the next update should be sooner." Ha ha ha...sorry. The next one should be longer though and have more Draco so that's something...right? Maybe? I don't know. Also, how do you feel about including Fred and George? Any other characters you won't to see? Just let me know! This is your fic as much as it is mine. Seriously, this wouldn't exist without you <3

~Ray