Hospital Hullabaloo

Your eyelids flutter as you wake to the sound of hushed arguing from familiar voices. Judging by the overwhelming smell of soap and stiff sheets, you're not in the dungeons anymore, which you're not sure is a bad thing, but it definitely isn't good. Waking up in a new place with no recollection of how you got there? Yeah, that's a sure-fire way to get a howler from home—or worse. Even though the voices around you are familiar, you slowly lower your hand to check if your wand is where you left. All right, there are people you know and you still have some of your belongings—not too bad, but could be better. Raising your hand behind you to help lift yourself up, you groan as a wave of throbbing pain washes over your head, making you fall back onto a propped-up pillow.

"Hush, Ronald. Can't you see Y/N's sleeping? Madame Pomfrey said we'd have to leave if we cause a disturbance." Hermione warns in a whisper.

"Us causing a disturbance? How could we with Malfoy being her warden? We're lucky we even got this much time alone with Y/N." Harry snaps as you blink your eyes open—only to find the familiar faces of Hermione and Luna on your left with Harry, Ron, and Ginny on your right. The moment you open your eyes, Luna exclaims a soft "oh" to which you smile while the rest of your friends continue their conversation.

"Yeah, what's his problem anyways? Barging into the hospital wing carrying Y/N like his bride. Just who does he think he is?" Ron retorts, glaring at the memory.

"You don't think Malfoy did this, did you?" Ginny nearly growls as she leans protectively over you and angles herself to face her brother.

"Madame Pomfrey explained—" Hermione starts when Ron interrupts her to continue his rant.

"And what was with his secrecy? We wouldn't have even known where Y/N was if Fred and George hadn't seen her on their way back from a secret tunnel. Not to mention all the weird rumours about the two of them dating. I think he's up to something." Ron speculates while Luna tries yet again to notify the group that you're awake and now eavesdropping. With a grunt, you count in your head to mentally prepare yourself as you move your hands again to sit up.

"What—like noticing when I wake up?" You joke weakly as you wince at the new flood of pain that rushes to your head. Where is Madame Pomfrey when you need her? Aside from Luna, all your friends turn to you with varying degrees of surprise. Hermione adjusts your pillow while Harry and Ron exchange guilty glances, making you laugh

"How long have you been awake?" Ginny asks, rushing over to help you sit upright as Luna tosses you a knowing smile. You grunt through the pain as you lean against Ginny's arm until you're sitting clearly enough to see Ron nudge Harry. You raise an eyebrow at them, making Harry cough and all your friends to look his way.

"Sorry about talking badly about Malfoy." Harry grumbles as he stares down at your bed and toys with the hospital sheets in front of him. "Even though he can be a complete prick sometimes and...." Before Harry can continue on his tirade, Hermione shoots him a glare, making Harry clear his throat again. "What matters is that you're happy and if he makes you feel that way then maybe...."

"What are you talking about?" You interrupt, adjusting yourself to be closer to your friends, making all of them stare at you in confusion. "Me and Malfoy? Makes me feel a certain way? Are we sure that I'm the one that's sick here?"

"Y/N...." Hermione starts cautiously as she leans towards you, treating you like the reason you're in the hospital wing is because of a fit of amnesia. Speaking of which, why are you in the hospital wing? "We al know you and Draco are...well...."

"Kissing. It's all anyone is talking about." Luna chimes in with a congratulatory smile as the rest of your friends mumble their agreements. Wait, what? You're a high-achieving Slytherin who is friends with the trio and kind to all houses: it's not like you haven't been the center of gossip before, but this? Dating Draco Malfoy? As flattering as it may be, that's the kind of rumour that could get you in trouble—maybe it already has.