Chapter 4

I yawned sleepily as I walk with the others proceeding to the school where Kise attends, the Kaijou High. In fact, although I'm as thrill as Kagami like now, I'm really tired and sleepless because who the heck won't get sleepy when you just sleep for a maximum of 3 hours?

I know I'm torturing myself.

"Are you alright, Mari-chan?"

Kuroko's voice popped out of nowhere like it used to before but honestly, I can't still get used to it so I immediately get awaken by the fright and looks at him on my left side.

"I'm over here."

Wow, I didn't know that Kuroko's lack of presence is really effective against me. I never realized that...when we were still dating. But who cares? Past is past, and I can't barely keep him on my guard for a seconds because, one blink of a eye, he's gone. Like a ghost, he's gone.

I look over at my right side and saw Kuroko with his usual blank gaze.

"Yeah, um, I'm alright." I answered, while yawning.

"You must be so tired."

"I am. But don't worry, I'm fine."

I've been through the worst, Kuroko. I've been through a lot of pain and sacrifice. And that's because of you, so you shouldn't worry about me anymore. I'm as strong as a rock.

But emotionally...uh, nope. Because my heart is still as soft and delicate as it was before. It is so soft and fragile that one heartbreak can literally makes me wanna die.

And all of that...is because of you, Kuroko.

"Hey, Kuroko-kun. Think of myself right now as Kagami-kun. Restless because of the excitement. Maybe I get too excited so I can't sleep last night." I jokingly said, easing up the complicating atmosphere between the two of us.

I saw Kuroko smile a little bit before the two of us turn to Kagami, who is literally creepy because of his face right now. Ah, personal laughing stock.

And...didn't I tell you that Kaijou High is amazingly huge?

"Wow! This place is huge!" Junpei-senpai commented, looking at those large gymnasium. Yep, I know that this school is awesomely huge. "You can really tell when a school is devoted to its athletics.

"Kagami-kun, the look in your eyes is worse than usual." Kuroko stated, as the both of us stare at Kagami and his tired face.

"Shut up, both of you."

"What? I'm not even speaking!" I defended, raising my hands on the air.

"I was a little to excited." Kagami continued, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"What are you, a kid going on a fieldtrip?" Kuroko teased him.

"What did you say?!"

"Hey, guys!"

All of us turned our attention to the running Kise. I immediately grin and wave at him happily like I'm really excited to see him again.

"Kise-kuuun!" I greeted him.

"This place is big, so I'd thought I'd come get you." Kise said while stopping in front of us.

"Hello." Riko-senpai greeted him while bowing down.

I sighed while placing my hands on the both side of my hips.

"Mari-cchi!!" Kise excitedly called my name while running towards me, which is just meters away. "Ever since Kuroko-cchi and you turned down my invitation to join us, I've been crying into my pillow every night."