Chapter 5

The practice game between Kaijou and Seirin is way too intense to be labeled just as a practice game. To be honest, I never seen this kind of game where another player is capable of keeping up with a member of Generations of Miracles. 

All this time my mouth is hanging in surprise and shock, We...can keep this up. Kise...really? This is one of the feats I have never seen before. Kagami....got a potential.

Right now, all of us are frozen, especially I, as we all look at Kuroko, being hit by Kise in the face accidentally. 

I instinctively stand up, widening my eyes in anxiousness. "Kuroko-kun!" Both the coach and I called in concern. Seriously, if its possible, I would like to run towards him right now. 

"Referee time out!" 

I placed my hand on my chest, eyes sparkling like I was about to cry or something. Honestly, I don't like seeing Kuroko get hurt or whatever. It always breaks my heart. "Kuroko-kun..."

Though he hurt me... 

Kuroko looks up, his one eye close and bleeding, even Kise was shock on what he has done. He stood up properly, with the captain running towards him asking if he's alright. 

No, obviously not. 

Kise-kun, you....

"I feel lightheaded.." Kuroko answered.

"I-I'll get the first aid kit!" I said, alarmed and trembling, hands frantically searching where on earth did I put my in-case-of-emergency first aid kit. 

My head turned around a bit to check at Kuroko, sweat-dropping and more panicking when I see him fainting...with Hyuga-senpai shouting his name. 

"Why....of all person in the damn court..." I muttered, breathing heavily and still searching for the first aid kit. "...this things are always happening to Kuroko?" 

The others started carrying Kuroko, as they lie him down on the bench with the coach giving him a first aid and me still worrying for him. 

"What should we do?" 

I sighed, caressing Kuroko's pale hand gently and lightly. At first, I was a little bit electrified by my first touch, but soon have courage to continue on what seems to be comforting me. 

"Kuroko-kun can't play anymore.." I said, looking up with them with the same face and the same expression I wore during the time I felt so depressed and life was a hell. 

"We'll have to make do with the members we have left." I heard the coach instructing the players, but I kept my focus on Kuroko, as if fearing that something will happen to him. 

Really, now?

Ugh. Subconscious. 

 He broke your heart, he makes you the saddest person in the whole whole. You looked like a zombie during those days you can't move on and can't accept the fact that the two of you were no longer together. 

That forever doesn't exist. 

And yet now....you still...love him? 

My eyes widen in the thoughts ringing inside my head. Our story ended a long time ago. Why can't I just accept that and be friends with Kuroko again? 

Why can't I just forget him? Forget him and everything that has happened to us.

"Come on." I mumble quietly, gripping Kuroko's hand tightly. "Mari, get a hold of yourself. This isn't the time to think about this thing."