Chapter 7: Through the dark, October creeped

The month passes rather quickly, and I feel whisked away as the crisp October wind flows through my window. It's mourning, the lights come on signalling dawn. Maya rolls over and Scarlette presses the snooze button on her alarm. I however, am ready to get dressed. I grab a towel from the bathroom and head for the shower room down the hall.

***

I'm one of the early birds, so I manage to enjoy the warm water from the showers. Scrubbing myself, my mind automatically shifts to Jo. "Jolie Clarke" I whisper to myself. Scrubbing my bare skin with a rag, I can't help but form images in my brain depicting her doing the same. Finally, I forced my mind to rid itself of such unclean thoughts. Nana would not approve. 

I turn off the water and leave the shower. My naked figure appears in the mirror. For some reason, I have to look at it. I must inspect it. My skin is pale, but not nearly as pale as Jo's. Her blue eyes are so much bigger than my thin brown pools of boring nothingness. Her hair is longer and fuller than mine. It covers her like a midnight cloak. My breasts her normal, I suppose. Nothing in particular is quite remarkable about them. Under the uniform, they seem nearly non-existent. But I can see Jo's. I can't help but notice hers. They're a lot bigger and full of life. Jo is like a model, nothing like me.

"Nice Rack Kat!" I hear someone whisper from behind me. I stumble and fumble for a nearby towel and quickly cover myself. I raise my head to the mirror and see who's behind me.

"Dammit Jo!" She laughs at me from her little corner by the door. Like me, her body is wrapped promptly in a white towel. But her beautiful body compares to my own in no way. I feel like I have the body of a child compared to her remarkable womanly figure.

"Why so shy? We share the same lady parts. There's not a hint of testosterone for miles." She laughs.

"That's not the point Jo." I look in the mirror to see my reflection, and try to cover myself even more. I'm ashamed that she saw me, she saw me. If it was any other girl in this school then it wouldn't be a big deal. But it's not just any girl. I turn on the facet and wash my face in the sink.

"Why do you look at yourself like that?" I dry my face.

"Like what?"

"Like you don't like what you see." I look at her reflection in the mirror. Jolie is so perfect. I bet she never hated looking at herself. I hate the way I look, mainly because I look like my father.

"Yea? Well maybe I don't." I turn away and dry my hands. Suddenly, with the softest tug, like the slightest gust of wind, my towel is yanked off. My white skin, glistening with the smallest  and softest  droplets of water, is bare for all to see. Gratefully, the only person there is Jo, but that does not convince me to cease my hands from concealing the forbidden gems of my anatomy.

"WHAT THE FUCK JO!"

"Look one and all, marvel at the beauty that is Mistress Katrina Masterson. Envy her elegance, love every lustful curve the envelopes over her blessed body." Jo laughs hysterically as she introduces me to a make belief crowd. I blush and tremble violently, never looking up from the marble floor. She stops laughing, and soon I feel a warm piece of cloth cover me. It's my towel, and along with this towel, Jolie's arms are holding me tightly. I feel her body against mine. She is so warm, and she smells sweet. I calm down, and make myself comfortable in her embrace.

"You're beautiful, kid." I turn to look at her. Her face is only inches away from my own. I feel my cheeks rush with emotion. I tremble in the heat, and my brow sweats. But the only words my heart musters to say is "T-T-Th-Th-Thaanks" She smiles so sweetly and gives me one more tight squeeze before letting me go.