Chapter 8 - Trap 1

~Please enter through the door marked Cafetorium, Your next task will be through that door. You have 7 hours.~

Everyone in the room was on edge. Each person's muscles were tensed and their fists clenched. 

Greyson came charging through the door into the beige room.

"Guys the a door in the next room just clicked!" Greyson said his voice cracking.

Kalum raced into the next room, with the others at his heels. He slowly opened the door, and peered inside.

"Wait!" said Osiris. "I don't think it"s a good idea to enter. What if the room is dangerous."

"I don't think so Kalum," said "Look". He pointed at the room. Everyone craned their necks to get a good view. 

The room was beautiful. In the center of the room, was a large glass table. 

The surface was glass and it was held up by ornate golden legs. 

A huge red velvet rug covered the wooden floors, and around the perimeter of the rug was golden stitching. 

On the table were huge plates and serving bowls stocked high with mouthwatering food. 

There were mashed potatoes and gravy, a large turkey, bowls of stuffing and chips, plate full of sandwiches, and a tray with all sorts of desserts. 

Yuno's mouth watered. However, what really set the characters on edge were the large portraits on the walls surrounded by ornate gold frames. 

There were six portraits. One for each member of the group. They were in stunning detail and very accurate. 

Beside those portraits the room felt very homey and safe.

 On the edge of the room was a beautiful leather couch with colorful throw pillows and blankets. 

Each person hungrily eyed the food.

"So, lets eat!" Yuno said joyfully. "I'm starving".

 Yuno approached the table, with Greyson and Nala following behind her.

"Wait, I don't trust it," Osiris said cautiously.

"Our captors are giving us food, of the highest quality I might add. We should enjoy it." Greyson said.

"I agree, we don't know when we will get the chance to eat again," Nala added.

"No," Kelum's rough voice cut in,"We can't trust it, the food could be poisoned".

"The lads right, this could be a trap." Archer said.

While everyone was arguing Yuno approached the table and sat in a large backed chair.

 She tentatively piled food on her plate, and examined it. Seems fine, she thought. 

She took are large spoonful of mashed potatoes and shoveled it into her mouth.

"Mmmm! This tastes amazing!"

"You idiot, that food could be poisoned!" Osiris yelled.

"Maybe poisoned with good flavor!" Yuno said around another spoonful of mashed potatoes.

"Thats enough proof for me," Greyson said as he piled his own plate with food. 

He bit into a turkey leg, and moaned in pleasure.

"This tastes great!" Greyson purred.

Nala looked to the rest of the group. Osiris shook his head. Nala looked back at the food again.