Chapter 9 - Trap #2

She slipped through the door and took in the small room. Kalum and Archer were behind her. 

The room was made of concrete, with a concrete floor and ceiling. On the wall were six monitors. 

Nala looked at her own. Each person had one. It showed their vital signs, heart rate, and a lot of things she didn't recognize.

"They're monitoring us," Kalum hissed.

Osiris entered the room and stared at his own monitor. Greyson approached the room, still clutching his bowl.

"Yuno is starting to wake up now" he said slowly.

Yuno's eyes fluttered open and she got up and looked around taking in her surroundings.

"What happened?" "Where am I?"

"There's not much time to explain." Said Kallum.

"Basically the poison sort of wore off and now we are in the next trap." Archer exclaimed

In the center of the room was a table and on that table was a computer, it was open. 

The screen was asking for a password. Then the intercom sparked to life.

~Hello everyone. I have some bad news for you. I have imbedded small microchips inside the base of your skull. They will send very painful impulses straight into your brain. If you do not find a way to stop the chips in time, it will heat up and fry your brain. Once this transmission ends you will have 2 hours to find a way to stop the chips. Proceed with caution~

Nala felt a draw to the computer, she went over and sat in front of it. She elegantly stretched her hands out over the keys in a mannerly fashion as if she knew exactly what to do.

 Her hands began typing and clicking and pressing buttons like a piano player elegantly performing a most delicate piece. 

She relished in the sound of the typing keys, it comforted her. 

She eventually spun around in her chair and faced the group that was staring at her.

"I have some good news and some bad news," she said.

"Well what is it?" Greyson sneered.

"The good news is that I can probably hack into the system and shut down the chips without too much of a problem. 

However the bad news is that I don't think I will be able to do it in the allotted time given."

"Well what do you mean?" Osiris said worriedly.

"Well with all of the obstacles that were put in this computer it would be difficult to find

shortcuts so now I kind of have to find ways around them and it might take awhile, but I can definitely do it."

"Well what are you waiting for? Get on with it." Archer quivered.

The next half hour proceeded in complete silence, except for Nala's quick and elegant typing.

 Tension filled the room as everyone eagerly watched Nala type away trying to hack into the system. 

The whole time everyone was very nervous and on edge that Nala won't be able to finish in time.

"We need a backup plan in case Nala can't finish hacking into the system." Kalum said blatantly.

"What other option is there?" asked Archer.

"I guess the only other solution is to cut the chips out of everyone." Osiris replied. Everyone in the room grew silent they began to get frightened.