3

Elora

I held onto Rico and sniffed as the tears keep coming.

"Maybe if your ass would get a phone already. I could call you when I land".

"I'll try. Maybe if I can actually keep my money this time". Reeves now wants 65% of the money we make on stage. I just made a thousand last night. So that means he just pulled $650 out of my earnings. That means that I left the building with only $350.

"Baby. Don't cry okay. You have my number. Call me some time when you can. But I have to go. You know this is my last year. Next summer; Imma move you down there with me so you won't have to worry no more. You understand?" I nodded. "Gimme kiss". I stood on my toes and wrapped my arms around his neck and we kissed until they called a time check on his flight.

We pulled away and he grabbed his bags and headed to the terminal.

I began to walk away till I heard him call me.

I turned around.

"I love you!" I smiled.

"I love you too". We looked at each one last time before walking away.

You know that feeling when someone dies and that feeling when reality finally hits you, that you'll never see them again has sunk in? It's like that feeling.

I don't know why.

I walked out the airport and got into his car. He's letting me drive it since he can't put his car on the plane with him obviously.

I laid my head on the steering wheel and let my tears out.

I got myself together and drove off in the direction of my apartment.

I parked in the parking lot. And went into the building and climbed the steps to the fourth floor.

I finally paid Reeves to change the broke locks on the door, for new ones. Which he made me pay $200 for.

I stripped from my clothes and got in the shower since I have to be at the club in two hours.

I just got my wax down yesterday so I don't have to worry about shaving.

I put my hair up in a bun and let the hot water rush over me. 

Then it hit me.

"Fuck". I hurried up and washed my body and dried off.

I tossed on these little ass shorts and a T-shirt.

"Shoes. I need shoes!" I found a pair of Nike's and slipped them on.

I grabbed the envelope from my kitchen table and grabbed my keys. I locked all the locks and ran across the street.

Cars honked at me.

"Sorry". I put my hands up and moved around the car since it almost hit me.

I ran into the club, bumping people and knocking over drinks and into Reeves' office.

I opened the door out of breath.

"Okay I got the money-"

"Your fired". He didn't look to from his phone.

"What you gave me till 7 o'clock. It's 7 on the dot".

"You ever heard of the expression. To be early is to come before time. And to be on time is late. You were on time. Which means you are late. You have a hour to clean out your locker and your apartment. If you are there after 8. My boys will toss your little ass out and clean every thing out for you. But clean I mean sell. Keep your money you're gonna need it. You already waisted give monies standing here". He shewed me out and I knew better than to get smart.