12

Elora

The storm had once again picked up. We have been driving for almost two days and we've made it completly out of Florida.

Apparently there is a tsunami and most people have evacuated the areas where it was worse. Dion wasn't taking any chances.

Miami had it the worse and we barley made it out in time.

I've learned a lot about him while we've spent all this time together. I learned he has twin daughters, they're eight months. He has a fiancee who he had to leave to come down to Miami from Ohio for work.

The welcome sign to Georgia flew passed us and my heart raced.

This is where Rico lives.

Rico

This storm had got real bad so I tried to get a flight back to Atlanta but all flights were closed due to the weather.

EJ picked me up and we got the fuck out of Florida. I have a feeling that my baby is okay and I hope it's right.

I was able to save a lot of stuff from my house. The storm probably had ruined everything else.

Water had risen to waist level in some parts and it made it harder to leave.

We are headed to Georgia after I spent all that money my mom gave me to get down to Florida.

There's not to much I can do with this damn weather.

Elora

I remembered the adress from when Rico used to write letters to me.

Even though my funds weren't that great to keep a phone. Letters seemed so romantic. Even though I didn't have a choice for any other mode of communication.

That feeling of excitement of what they're going to say next or what the other person was going to send was actually exciting.

Call it old fashion but that's the only way I could keep in touch with him while he was in school.

I told Dion the address and he typed it in his GPS.

"Your destination is in 0.5 miles". My hands shook in nervousness.

This neighborhood is so nice. Brick houses with cute little gardens laid in the front.

I'd never seen something like this before.

"You have reached your destination". I looked at the picture on the phone and looked to my right at the matching house.

"I'll be right back I promise".

"Take your time". Dion smiled at me.

I got out the car and walked up the driveway and see a red Volkswagen parked perfectly in front of the garage.

I could feel my body heat up.

I probably look a fuckin mess.

The doorbell seemed to get farther away as I reached for it. The bell rung a nice little song before i heard a voice.

"One second!"

I stepped back and waited.

A middle aged woman with a streak of gray swirled into her curly hair and a gorgeous smile on her face greeted me.
The smell of something cooking hit my nose, making my stomach growl in hunger.
"Hi I'm Elora. I was wondering if ZeRico was here". Her smile dropped.

"So your this mystery girl that my son was telling me about. The stripper girl".

I wanted to punch her teeth in. "Uh. I used to be a stripper. I'm not here to talk about my past. I just wanna know if Ric is here". The sweet old lady just turned into Satan himself.

"Hell no he's not here. He just took a flight to Miami to look for you". My eyes widened.

"Oh my God". I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Look I want you to get off my property. And don't come back". I didn't give a response, I rushed to the passenger side door and got in.

"I'm not leaving till he gets back".

Rico

I watched EJ drive down the freeway as the rain poured down.

My phone ringing broke my concentration.

It's my mom. What does she want now?

"Hel-"

"ZeRico! You need to get back here!" I held the phone away from my face a little.

"Why? what's wrong?" I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"That stripper bitch you love so much just knocked on my door asking for your broke ass". It felt like my heart stopped.

"Where is she now". I looked at EJ. "We need to get to Atlanta". I mouthed.

"That dumb bitch is sitting outside in her car in front of my house. I'm bout to call the police".

"Ma! Don't do that shit! You call the police..... I'll never talk to you ever again".

"Well you better hurry your ass on and come get off my property". I hung up the phone and tossed it in my lap.

"What's going on?"

"Elora is in Atlanta".

--------------------------------