1. The Three of Us.

"Demi, I'm home!" Trey calls out as he places his bags down, feeling exhausted from his long trip home. He had been on tour for three months straight and had only seen his wife once a month. The busy and hectic schedules that they both hold are exhausting, yet rewarding. 

Running downstairs, Mrs. Demi Lovato-Neverson bolts out of her and Trey's bedroom, feeling excited that her husband was back home. "Trey!" she screams and jumped onto him, straddling his hips.

Trey laughs and kisses his wife's lips, inhaling her scent, smelling of roses and Ms. Dior perfume. "I missed you so much." He says and peppers Demi's face with kisses as she laughs loudly.

Demi speaks through her giggles, "How was your drive home, babe?"

"It was good," he says, putting her down. "Besides rushing home to see you." Demi shakes her head at her husband as they head over to their large green sofa and sit down. Trey instantly places Demi onto his lap.

The two begin to have small talk, catching up on the last month. It is mostly Trey talking while Demi has her head laid on Trey's chest as he softly stroked her hair. She plays with her freshly manicured light blue nails. "Baby, why are you so quiet?" he asks her.

Quick to change the subject, Demi asks him, "What do you want to eat for dinner?"

Demi begins to get up when she notices Trey's hands going to her waist. She makes her way over to the kitchen to cook something for Trey to eat, he stopped her on the way there.

"I'd rather Doordash pizza and hold you, Dem." He responds and makes his way to his wife, ready to embrace her again. 

It's been way too long.

Trey hugs his wife again, trying to ignore her quiet behavior, but cannot shake it off.

"What's wrong baby?" he asks her.

Suddenly a million thoughts race through Demi's mind.

How was she going to tell Trey that she was pregnant? 

How would his fans react? You know, the ones who called her a border hopper and a gold-digger when she and Trey announced that they were married two years ago.

How were her parents going to react? Although they were both supportive of the union, they thought that twenty-four was too young to get married, now she's twenty-six and pregnant.

How was Trey's mother going to react? She loves her son, but she is not a huge fan of Demi, however, she agreed to the marriage only because she saw how happy her son was.

"Demi?" Trey questions, dragging the young woman out of her thoughts. 

Quickly, her thoughts pour out of her mouth. "Nothing, I just don't feel good." Demi says, running her hands through her long black hair, closing her eyes as Trey rocks her back and forth.

"You sure it's nothing?" He asks. Demi leans up and kisses his lips.

"I'm fine, I promise." 
----
Demi and Trey ate dinner, washed dishes, took their dog Batman for a walk, showered together, and decide to watch the movie, "The Lost Valentine."

Things were going well until half an hour into the movie when, Demi felt sick to her stomach and sighed, she had tried not to throw up for the past hour and it worked until now.

"I have to go to the bathroom." She says and rushes to the bathroom.

"Do you want me to pause the movie?" Trey calls out. He hears nothing except Demi coughing and becomes worried as he hears her in the bathroom.

"Babe, you okay?" Trey asks and opens the bathroom door.

Unbeknownst to Demi, her husband steps into the bathroom. She answers him as she is still hunched over the toilet bowl. "Trey I'm fine, go finish the movie." 

"But..." He speaks, then pauses as Demi flushes the toilet and brushes past him. She washes her hands and brushes her teeth while Trey stands back looking confused at his wife's actions. 

"Demi." Trey calls out, Demi rolls her eyes at Trey and begins to walk out of the bathroom with Trey in tow.

"What's going on? You're going to tell me right now, Demi." He exclaims as Demi sits down on their bed, ready to resume the movie. Trey grabs the remote to pause the television, leaving the floor open for Demi to speak in peace.

Demi takes in a deep sigh, not yet ready to speak. 

Instead, tears form in her eyes. She starts playing with her hands. "Okay, um, I don't even know how to say this, oh boy." Demi says, looking away from her husband.

Trey takes a more gentle approach and sits next to his wife. "Just say it."

"I'm pregnant and I've known for about three weeks. I didn't want to tell you tonight because you just came home and I didn't want you to stress out if I was sick or something, it's too late for that, right? I also don't know how anyone is going to handle this news. There's your family, my family, our fan bases, our teams, I was just discussing a tour with Scooter, earlier this week. We're having a baby, how in the world are we going to do this?" Demi rambles, hiding her face in her palms. She still continues to speak until Trey wraps his arms around her and pulls her close to him.

Trey gently rubs Demi's back, "We've been talking about babies since we were dating and here we are getting ready to have a baby." He grins and continues rocking his wife as the light from the TV shines on them. Trey gently places his warm hand on Demi's stomach as she calms down and takes a deep breath.

"I'm convinced that this is a little Demi. My goodness, this is the best present." Demi blushes as Trey kissed Demi's tiny baby bump and continued gushing about the new baby.

 "How many months are you?"

"Almost three, I believe." Demi responds, this time feeling just as excited as Trey feels. Trey's smile widens and he grabs Demi and pecks her lips, his hand is still rested on her stomach. 

Demi grabs the remote and continues to play the movie as she is wrapped in her husband's warm embrace, feeling loved.

---

"Trey?" Demi calls out as the movie is about to roll to the credits.

"Hmm? Trey hums and looks down at his wife who has her head on her pillow.

"How are our families and fans going to react? They weren't happy about us getting married, now we're having a baby."

"I don't know, and I don't want you worrying about that, we will just take everything one day at a time. Just the three of us." He responds as Demi begins to drift off to sleep. 

"Three of us." Trey repeats to himself as he holds his sleeping wife who is carrying his baby. He loved the sound of that.

Three.